Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google mobile-friendly boost, DuckDuckGo directions & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google to boost mobile-friendly algorithm this May
Mar 16, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google announced increase in mobile-friendly update factors, but don’t expect another Mobilegeddon.
- 6 strategies to build links for your small business website in 2016
Mar 16, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
Small business owners often don’t know where to start when it comes to local link-building for SEO, so columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares his tips and suggestions.
- How advertisers should respond to fewer ads showing on Google
Mar 16, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Google recently changed the way ads are displayed on search engine results pages, so how can you make the most of this change? Columnist Frederick Vallaeys lays out some options.
- DuckDuckGo launches Directions! feature with option to use multiple map apps
Mar 16, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
DuckDuckGo’s new feature lets users choose from Apple, Bing, Here, OpenStreetMap or Google Maps to get directions.
- Best practices for managing multiple social channels
Mar 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Facebook… Twitter… Snapchat… Pinterest… Instagram… YouTube… LinkedIn. The exploding social media landscape has made managing channels the most urgent challenge facing social media marketers today. How do you execute a cohesive social content strategy? How do you ensure brand consistency across thousands of social pages and accounts? How do you effectively engage your growing social […]
- Google metronome in search helps musicians keep a beat
Mar 15, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Google’s metronome default rate is 120 beats per minute, but the full range goes from 40 to 208 BPM.
- MarTech All Access passes are sold out, but you can still attend! Learn how.
Mar 15, 2016 by Search Engine Land
In one week, join other professionals in tackling issues at the intersection of marketing and technology at MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. All Access conference passes are SOLD OUT — but it’s not too late for you to attend. You can still register for an Expo Pass by March 20 and pay only $99. You’ll […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How to see who has shared your content on Facebook
- 7 proactive ways to jump-start your SEO before a site launch
- Top 10 video creators in February: BuzzFeed Tasty down 1B views but still ranks No. 1
- What your teacher didn’t tell you about optimizing site speed
- Google to boost the mobile-friendly ranking factor in May 2016
- Is it time to “cut the cord” on traditional web analytics? 4 questions to ask
- A day of reckoning for digital display advertising?
- The votes are in — for what Google’s new Analytics 360 Suite really means
- 3 gears of a successful marketing program: Looking beyond email click rates
- MarTech Today: Google’s Analytics 360, Bing Search APIs & relaunching Jelly
- Apple News quietly opens up to smaller content publishers
- Facebook tests topics, allowing users to converse around specific themes
- Instagram feeds to evolve into algorithmic territory. Are you ready?
- Google estimates 25% of sites now use secure connections
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google’s latest plan for Charleston East office project in Mountain View (slideshow), Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Securing the web, together, Google Online Security Blog
Local & Maps
- Making KML files smaller by reducing precision, Google Earth Blog
- Google On RankBrain Replacing Links & Other Ranking Factors, Search Engine Roundtable
- Link Development And Content Marketing: Why, When, How To?, verticalmeasures.com
- Were your lost links really deleted?, Majestic Blog
- Finding New Link Opportunities Just Got Easier!, Majestic Blog
- Metronome Card in Google Search, Google Operating System
- Search Challenge (3/16/16): Finding out about a technical conference…, SearchReSearch
- Study: Depressed? Don’t count on Siri, Google, Cortana, usatoday.com
- Google Search Analytics Let’s You Save Dynamic URLs For Reports, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Virtual Assistants Like Siri and Google Now Impact SEO , SEMrush Blog
- The App Store Optimization Checklist: Top 10 Tips, Moz
- Were things really better in the good old days?, sistrix.com
- 5 Google Algorithm Changes I’ve Learned to Love, semrush.com
- Google Does Not Understand Text In Images, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google RankBrain Has No Impact On Crawling; Yet, Search Engine Roundtable
- How non-SEO campaigns affect keyword rankings, Branded3
- How to Conduct SEO Due Diligence, Distilled
- Is A Google Update Brewing? Small Signals…, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Audit: 13 Steps to a Better Website, State of Digital
- Why Some Google Spam Reports Are Not Acted On, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Build Lower Maintenance PPC Campaigns, PPC Hero
- How to Channel Mad Men To Improve Your PPC, Metric Theory
- GDN: What You Need To Know, PPC Hero