Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Republican Debate & Google, AdWords iOS App & Adobe Report
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- New US Presidential “Candidate Cards” Are A Disaster For Google’s Search Quality
Jan 28, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
An experiment to allow US presidential candidates to have an unprecedented guaranteed spot at the top of Google’s search results turned into a megaphone for one.
- iPhone Users, The AdWords App For iOS Has Arrived
Jan 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Check AdWords campaign performance, change bids and adjust budgets from your phone.
- No-Hype SEO: A Realistic Formula For Making SEO Work For Your Business, Part 2
Jan 29, 2016 by Daniel Faggella
In part 2 of his two-part series on simplifying your SEO efforts to achieve results, columnist Daniel Faggella shows how you can turn visitors into leads — and leads into sales.
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot Band, Inside Out Post-It Art & Hangouts Pillow
Jan 29, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google Hangouts Pillow Selfie: Source: Google+ Google Inside Out Post-It Art Work: Source: Google+ Google Top […]
- 3 Reasons B2B Marketers Must Embrace Mobile… Now
Jan 29, 2016 by Patricia Hursh
Have you optimized your B2B website for mobile search? If not, columnist Patricia Hursh explains why you must work to become mobile-friendly immediately.
- Adobe: Paid Search Spend Growth Slowed In Q4, Mobile Continued To Eat Into Desktop
Jan 29, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Retail advertising spend on mobile Shopping ads nearly doubled year-over-year in Q4.
- PPC Geo-Bidding, Simplified
Jan 28, 2016 by Andrew Goodman
Are you overthinking your geo-targeted bidding strategy? Columnist Andrew Goodman thinks you might be — and he’s here to help simplify your life.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How Three Key Elements In Predictive Analytics Drive Demand And Lead Generation
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
- Ad Blocking Is A Kind Of Populist Revolt Against The Internet Establishment
- PPC Geo-Bidding, Simplified
- 7 Traits That Will Make You A Great Digital Marketer
- When You Rank High Organically But Not Locally (Case Study)
- Is A “High” Bounce Rate Always Bad? Plus: How To Improve Bounce Rates
- Need New Marketing Tech? Make Sure You Look Under The Hood
- MarTech Today: ScribbleLive Buys Visually, AdSupply’s Patented Anti-AdBlock & Google Updates Webmaster Guidelines
- Google’s AMP Project Gets Google Analytics Support
- Snapchat New Feature Allows Friends To Be Added With Personalized URL
- Hundreds Of Local Movie Theaters Will Soon Become Beacon Hot Spots
- Amazon Reports Its Best Quarterly Profit Ever, But Q4 Earnings Fall Short Of Expectations
- Microsoft’s $25.7 Billion In Quarterly Revenue & $0.78 EPS Beat, Shares Up
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Now You Can Fix Your Yahoo Local Listing without Paying for Yext, LocalVisibilitySystem.com
- Links from Forms Don’t Pass PageRank, thesempost.com
- Targeted Link Building in 2016 – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Bing analyzes the last GOP debate before Iowa, Bing Search Blog
- How Two Guys Built the Ultimate GIF Search Engine, Bloomberg
- New Yahoo Search Updates – Just in Time for the…, Yahoo
- The Google app now speaks ‘Strayan, Official Google Australia Blog
- 15 Quick Ways to Check The Health of Your SEO Program, Search Engine People
- 5 Points Not To Overlook In A Technical SEO Audit, Search Engine People
- Google Says Write Your Reconsideration Request In The Language Of Your Web Site, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Sending Notifications Via Search Console To Make Your Site AMP Friendly, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google To Step Up Structured Data Support This Year, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Invalid HTML Doesn’t Hurt Your Rankings But Can Hurt Structured Data & Mobile Friendliness, Search Engine Roundtable
- Now you can measure Google Search for apps, tune.com
- Valid HTML Not a Ranking Factor But Can Cause These Issues, thesempost.com
- Why Google Doesn’t Use Google Analytics for Ranking Purposes, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Evaluate Your Ad Extensions, PPC Hero
- Video: Google Guidelines Update, Structured Data, AdWords iOS App & AMP, Search Engine Roundtable