AdWords Search Exam gets an update: What you’ll need to know
The Google Partners exam now includes questions on the latest product features and search trends.
This month, Google refreshed the AdWords Search Advertising exam to bring it up to date with newer platform features and industry trends. This is one of the Google Partners tests that goes toward AdWords certification — AdWords Fundamentals being the other.
So what’s new in the latest Search Advertising exam? We asked Google for a a rundown, and here’s a list of some of the new topics that are now included:
- search advertising trends;
- call-only ads;
- mobile ads (app extensions, mobile app installs, mobile app engagement);
- remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA);
- enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC), flexible bid strategies;
- auction insights, paid and organic report, segments;
- cross-device conversions; and
- opportunities tab.
The format hasn’t changed. There are still 100 questions and a 120-minute time limit, and to pass, you’ll need a score of at least 80 percent.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.