SearchCap: AdWords preview tool, Moz layoffs & AdWords Express
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Moz trims product line to focus on search, lays off 28% of staff
Aug 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Moz, a company many SEOs have grown to love, announced they have made a strategic change to focus more on search, which means they are killing off Moz Content and Followerwonk.
- AdWords Express expands deeper click-to-call reporting, adds ad scheduling and more
Aug 17, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Three new features arrive for small businesses using Google’s automated ad service.
- How to solve duplicate content local SEO issues for multi-location businesses
Aug 17, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
It can be difficult for businesses with multiple locations to craft unique, rich content for each individual location page, but columnist Joy Hawkins has some advice for how to do just that.
- Now you can share results from the AdWords Ad Preview Tool with clients
Aug 17, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Quickly let others see how ads appear in the search results.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Moz drops Followerwonk to focus on search, lays off 28% of staff
- Top 10 video creators in July: After 7 months in the lead, Tasty loses #1 spot to Unilad
- Instagram is now copying Snapchat’s Live Stories with events video channels
- Predictive scorer Infer unveils ‘first account-based behavior scoring’
- How to follow up on link requests
- Should you hitch your campaigns onto the sporting bandwagon?
- Amobee Triggers activates campaigns based on a mix of online & offline signals
- Google antitrust woes: new South Korean probe, Russian court rejects appeal
- Local journalism, meet branded content: What the decline in print means for brands
- 3 tips for embracing martech
- Perfecting the pass from marketing to sales
- A look at Facebook’s carousel ad and the latest pricing trends on the network
- Oracle launches ‘largest B2B audience data marketplace’
- MarTech Today: Walmart/Jet.com, Google’s FaceTime competitor & AMP error warnings
- Pinterest debuts click-to-play, mobile-only video ads
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Schedules Last Set Of Webmaster Hangouts Using Google Hangouts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Microsoft revamps Bing Rewards with a new name and a lot more, MSPoweruser
- Why SEO agencies really get fired, artios.io
- Redirecting domains for link equity, Branded3
- Google turns to Reddit for accents to help improve voice recognition, The Verge
- Search Challenge (8/17/16): Pulling together information about the geography of Hawai’i, SearchReSearch
- Google Doesn’t Use Rel Canonical For Images, Search Engine Roundtable
- HTTPs Migration Checklist in Google Docs to Share & Download, aleydasolis.com
- New Site Auditor for SEO Analysis, Raven Blog
- Running Screaming Frog SEO Spider on Google Cloud, online.marketing
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Keyword Unplanner – Clickstream Data to the Rescue, Moz
- Hidden, Game-Changing AdWords Features Part 1: Household Income Tiers, semrush.com
- Recapping the Biggest Google Shopping Changes so far in 2016, Merkle
- The Google Not Provided Hits Over 96% Since HSTS Move, Search Engine Roundtable