No, That Wasn’t A Panda Update — But One Is Coming
We’ve been hearing reports from within the SEO community that a significant Google update happened starting this past Friday throughout the weekend. Google tells us there was no Panda update over the weekend but is not confirming or denying if there was another type of update over the weekend.
Google did however tell us they plan on releasing a Panda refresh within a week or two. So do expect a Panda refresh sometime by the end of this month, leading into early next month.
We did ask Google twice about the reports of a Google update. We asked them if they can tell us if it wasn’t Panda, was it something else related to Penguin, EMD, the page layout algorithm or something else. Google gave us a non-committal statement reading:
We make over 500 improvements to Google Search each year so we can surface high-quality information for our users.
Again, there appears to have been some sort of Google update over the weekend but Google would not confirm or deny it with us.
- It’s “Top Heavy 2″ As Google Rolls Out Update To Its Page Layout Algorithm
- The EMD Update: Like Panda & Penguin, Expect Further Refreshes To Come
- Google Panda Update 20 Released, 2.4% Of English Queries Impacted
- Was That A Google Update Or Wasn’t It?
- Google Releases Penguin Update 1.1
- Google Now Reports “Practically 100%” Of Manual Actions
- Google’s May Updates: Inorganic Backlinks, Page Titles, Fresh Results & More
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.