Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing Shopping Campaigns Updates, SEO For Local Businesses & Google’s Halloween Doodle
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Shopping Campaigns Get Several Pre-Holiday Updates
Oct 30, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Mobile inventory, used and refurbished product ads support, and more are now available.
- SEO For Shops: The 12 Tips Of Xmas
Oct 30, 2015 by Marcus Miller
It’s almost Halloween, and you know what that means — it’s time to prepare for the holidays! Columnist Marcus Miller provides tips for local businesses to make the most out of this holiday season.
- Halloween Doodle Turns Google Logo Into “Global Candy Cup” Video Game
Oct 30, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Choose whichever witch you want to be, and fly through the Halloween night on your broom collecting candy while avoiding bats and ghosts.
- Search In Pics: Google Human & Dog Skeletons, StreetViews In Van & Google Janga
Oct 30, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- Last Chance to Enter the SocialPro Biggest Social Geek Contest
Oct 29, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Enter the second annual SocialPro Biggest Social Geek Contest, sponsored by Marin Software. The contestant who can answer the most questions in the shortest amount of time will win the grand prize – a flight and hotel accommodations for two to Marketing Land’s SocialPro conference in Las Vegas.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Instagram Is Giving Advertisers Self-Serve Access To Carousel Ads
- 21 News Feed Updates That Have Changed How Pages Use Facebook
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know About The Latest In Digital Marketing?
- Why iOS 9’s Ad Blocking Isn’t Dire For Advertisers
- What CMOs Need To Know About Demand Side Platforms (DSPs)
- MarTech Today: Next Penguin Update, Unmetric Predicts Social Posts & Call Analytics Platforms
- Google To Combine Android And Chrome Operating Systems Into One
- LinkedIn Beats Q3 Estimates With 78 Cents Per Share Earnings, $780M Revenue
- TAG Launches Anti-Fraud Program To Register Advertisers And Publishers
Search News From Around The Web:
- How 10 Popular SEO Blogs Looked When They Launched, Manaferra
- Alphabet Signals More Restraint on R&D Spending, Wall Street Journal
- Baidu Announces Third Quarter 2015 Results, Baidu
- Introducing The Search Engine Roundtable iOS & Android App With App Indexing, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- The Financial Times Partners With Google To Guide Readers Through Europe’s “Hidden Cities”, TechCrunch
- Buy On Google: Everything You Wanted To Know (But Were Too Afraid To Ask), Search Engine People
- Leveraging Search Marketing to Skyrocket Local Business Sales, Duct Tape Marketing
- Video: Google App Indexing, RankBrain, Penguin, Panda, SEO & Bing Profit, Search Engine Roundtable
- Apple Gives Video Publishers An Early Holiday Gift: Search, AdExchanger
- iOS Apps Now Showing In Mobile Searches In Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Is YouTube Testing New User-Friendly Search Results?, ReelSEO
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Scary AdWords Mistakes Keeping Me Up at Night, Wordstream
- Assembly-Line PPC Is Not PPC Strategy, Beyond the Paid
- How to Use the New Customer Match Feature, PPC Hero
- 6 SEO Tips for Content Marketing, for Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Google Currently Doesn’t Give iOS Apps The App Indexing API Ranking Boost, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Has Internal Search Commands For App Content, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Prepared for Possible Spam in App Indexing, SEM Post
- How Google Supports Multilingual Apps With App Indexing, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Force Google to Crawl More Pages of My Site?, Internet Marketing Ninjas Blog
- Pages with App Interstitials Will Lose Mobile Friendly Boost Sunday, SEM Post
- SEO for Every Season, Search Influence