Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google removing Toolbar PageRank, new Google Flights’ filters & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google has confirmed they are removing Toolbar PageRank
Mar 8, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
It’s official: Google has decided to kill off Toolbar PageRank from their browser tools.
- Is your team OBSESSED with social media marketing? Register for SocialPro and score deep discounts for your entire team.
Mar 8, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Give your marketing team the tools and insights they need to accelerate paid, earned and owned social media marketing skills by sending them to Marketing Land’s SocialPro conference.
- The great account structure debate at SMX West 2016
Mar 8, 2016 by Kirk Williams
How should you structure your paid search campaigns? Contributor Kirk Williams recaps an SMX session in which three seasoned veterans shared their preferred methods.
- SMX West: Content, your brand and the battle for customers
Mar 8, 2016 by Erin Everhart
When it comes to SEO, Wil Reynolds argues that we need to stop focusing on the algorithm and start focusing on the audience. Columnist Erin Everhart recaps his presentation from SMX West.
- Google Flights’ new search features let users filter searches by travel interests
Mar 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Travelers can perform Google Flight searches without needing to enter a specific date or even place.
- International Women’s Day Google logo celebrates females with #OneDayIWill video
Mar 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
For today’s Google doodle, the company sent film crews around the world, asking women to complete the sentence, “One day I will…”
- In 2 weeks, the marketing and technology worlds collide — Don’t miss it!
Mar 7, 2016 by Search Engine Land
In just two weeks, the largest vendor-agnostic gathering of professionals at the intersection of marketing and technology will happen in San Francisco — MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- What different consumer groups really want from local business websites
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Sheldon Monteiro
- Search, social and content: Reaching digital marketing maturity
- The marketing genius of Louis C.K.
- Pinterest lets brands target ads to people in their customer databases
- SMX West 2016 recap: A deep dive into beacons and how marketers can use them
- TD Bank’s CMO says, “There are no mulligans in marketing.”
- You don’t have to be a liar to be a great marketer
- Report: Simple changes in call handling can drive $100 million more in phone sales
- MarTech Today: WordPress’ Instant Articles plugin, Trade Desk goes native & top social listening tools
- Amplitude’s new Compass points to behaviors exhibited by returning users
- ANA/Forrester survey: Most marketers buy ads programmatically, in spite of worries about fraud and transparency
Search News From Around The Web:
- 10 Ways to Use Images for Link Building, Kaiser the Sage
Local & Maps
- Is The Future Of Local Search Packless?, Mike Blumenthal
- The Mzansi Experience: Discover South Africa on Google Maps, Google Lat Long
- How Google’s search results changes affect retail marketers, Internet Retailer
- Google Admits They Fully Don’t Understand RankBrain, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Has Added Limited OCR Features To Google Now On Tap, Android Police
- Google Use To Test Swapping Position 2 & 4 For Years, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- ROI Formulas Every PPC Manager Needs to Know, Search Engine Journal
- The Dirty Underbelly of Quilting and PPC Sales: Sampling, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- 5 New WordPress Plugins SEOs Will Love, SEMrush Blog
- Google: First Part Of Query Analysis Is Looking For Entities, Search Engine Roundtable
- How SEO and PPC Can Work Together to Maximize ROI, thesempost.com