SearchCap: Google shopping ad filters, Google maps speeds up & Yandex algorithm update
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google testing filter buttons for Shopping ads: Filter by local availability, top rated and more
Jun 9, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new test offers more opportunity for ad exposure beyond the product listing ad box and mobile carousel.
- Google Maps brings faster, smoother scrolling to Street View
Jun 9, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Fluid scrolling and swiping replaces more awkward arrow-advance navigation.
- Yandex updates their version of PageRank named Thematic Index of Citation (TIC)
Jun 9, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
The Russian search engine, Yandex, has updated their TIC scores, and webmasters took notice.
- Broad match: What is it good for?
Jun 9, 2016 by Brett Middleton
Columnist Brett Middleton describes how to use broad match in paid search campaigns as a keyword research tool.
- What is quality content?
Jun 9, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Columnist Patrick Stox takes a comprehensive look at what Google might consider to be “quality content” and adds his own thoughts and tips based on his experience in the SEO industry.
- Do you have the right local SEO tools for the job?
Jun 9, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Planning and executing a local search campaign requires a lot of data and insight, making a good local SEO tool stack invaluable. Columnist and local search expert Andrew Shotland shares his.
- Phoebe Snetsinger Google doodle marks 85th birthday of famous bird watcher
Jun 9, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Snetsinger is credited with seeing 8,393 bird species in her life timeline – the most of any birder at the time of her death.
- Apple gets into the SEM business with paid-search for app developers
Jun 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The possibility of an AdWords-like paid search model for the iOS App Store was first raised in April in a Bloomberg Report.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Snapchat: We can prove people watch mobile videos *with* sound
- Retail study: 9 out of 10 consumers say free shipping No. 1 incentive to shop online more
- IAB: Q1 US ad revenues hit record $15.9 billion, up 21 percent YoY
- 10 ways to get ready for the new AdWords
- 5 contemporary strategies that help improve your rankings
- Two tried and true methods to make social media impact SEO
- Top 10 YouTube ads in May: Knorr’s #LoveAtFirstTaste wins top spot with 33M views
- Modern marketing is in need of an anti-channel mindset
- Lithium launches Reach, a Klout-informed social content marketing tool
- How to boost your conversion rate without changing your web content
- MarTech Today: Segment’s Native Mobile Spec, future of social intelligence & new AMP ad formats
- Google Analytics begins breaking out iOS traffic by model (when it can)
- Improve the customer experience by understanding customer-managed journeys
Search News From Around The Web:
- Majestic Announces iOS Twitter App, Majestic Blog
- Russian watchdog says not discussing settlement with Google yet, Reuters
Local & Maps
- Tips for creating historical imagery animations, Google Earth Blog
- Why Do Some Businesses Get One Boxes In Google & Not Others?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Disavow File Issues? Upload A File With One Line To Test, Search Engine Roundtable
- Do Website Engagement Rates Impact Organic Rankings?, Moz
- Google On Flat (Not Growing) SEO Traffic, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Smartly Combine Google’s Search Operators to Find Anything, seosmarty.com
- JSON-LD Implementation Guide for Structured Data Markup, Portent
- The RankBrain Survival Guide, blindfiveyearold.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Driving Google Shopping Revenue in 5 Easy Steps, Metric Theory
- What You Should Expect From Expanded Text Ads, PPC Hero