SearchCap: Google voice queries, Google search test & Bing tag helper
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google appeals French order to censor Right-to-Be-Forgotten links globally
May 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google is taking its case to France’s highest administrative court.
- Bing launches UET Tag Helper, a troubleshooting Chrome extension
May 19, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Now quickly check if UET tags are set up correctly without having to wait for validation in the UI
- Got spam? Google My Business doesn’t care.
May 19, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Seeing lots of spammy local listings on Google? It’s not just you! Columnist Joy Hawkins notes some of the problems with Google’s reinforcement of its Google My Business guidelines.
- Move over, text ads: How data feeds are driving new search experiences
May 19, 2016 by Christi Olson
Contributor Christi Olson, Search Evangelist at Bing, takes a deeper look at data feeds and their role in search (past, present and future).
- Google continues testing new search results interfaces, including wider & card–styled results
May 19, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google is constantly testing new search results interfaces. Here are some screen shots of their latest tests.
- Yuri Kochiyama Google Doodle celebrates human rights activist on her 95th birthday
May 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Raised in California, Asian-American Kochiyama spent her life fighting injustice after being imprisoned in an internment camp during WWII.
- Google says 20 percent of mobile queries are voice searches
May 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Voice search growing as virtual assistant market heats up.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Nuzzel launches “first network of newsletters”
- 5 ways to maintain your SEO ranking
- Twitter, like Facebook, adds old-school elements to its mobile ad network
- Google will build its own Daydream VR headset & controller
- Taykey launches a free online trend-watcher
- How to increase sales through broadcast messaging
- Invoca adds “missing channel” of phone calls to Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud
- It’s a mad, mad, MAdTech world
- MarTech Today: Google I/O announcements, Grey Jean’s AI-powered personalization & more
- Google’s new Instant Apps promise an “install-free” experience
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Bans Payday Ads, But Also Backs A Payday Lender, Wall Street Journal
- 3 Important Ways Link Building Outreach Has Changed, Search Engine People
- Link Maps Tools Infographic, Majestic Blog
- SEO Issues: 8 Expert Ways to Pinpoint & Resolve SEO Issues, Ignite Visibility
- Google Fixes The Manual Actions Reconsideration Request Bug, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to identify indexation and content issues in 10 minutes, Branded3
- Optimizing for Accessibility + SEO: Site & Page Structure Overlaps, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- How to Become the Steph Curry of Paid Search, Metric Theory
New on Search Engine Land