SearchCap: Google SEO Myths & Yahoo Default Search On iPhone
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Why Yahoo’s Not Going To Steal The Search Default For iPhone Away From Google
Apparently, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer wants to be the default search for Apple’s Safari browser on iPhone and iPad and has been preparing to make a solid pitch. Well, we all want things we can’t have, and I’d be incredibly surprised if Yahoo got its wish here. Kara Swisher over at Re/code has the scoop, […]
- Losing Organic Traffic After A Redesign? Four Things to Check
While web designers and developers are often strong at designing and programming websites, not all are as well prepared to handle SEO issues, especially when relaunching websites. Just this week, I’ve worked with three separate web design firms who contacted me after a recent site relaunch caused a substantial loss of organic website traffic. So, if […]
- Google Tests Showing Product Ads In Knowledge Graph Carousel Area
About a year ago, Google launched the carousel interface to better distribute content from their Knowledge Graph. Well, now, Google is apparently testing showing ads from the paid Google Shopping results in that user interface. Pete Meyers posted on the Moz Google+ page an image of him seeing Google Shopping listings in the carousel for […]
- Google’s Matt Cutts On SEO Myths: Ads Correlate To Organic Results & More…
In a recent video from Google Head of Search Spam Matt Cutts, Matt talks about the biggest SEO myths he sees today. By far, the biggest myth, according to Cutts, is how people think Google makes changes to their search results with the only intent of making more money. Matt said buying or not buying […]
- Introducing MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. Registration Now Open!
Search Engine Land parent company, Third Door Media, Inc. introduces MarTech, a conference for people pioneering the field of technology-powered marketing, will be held in Boston August 19-20, 2014. Secure your spot & save with our lowest alpha rates – Register now!
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Heineken Turns Living Room Into Gigantic Pinball Machine
- Official: Google Approves The Marketing Land Google Glass App
- Spending On Facebook Advertising Soared 83% YOY In Q1, Nanigans Report Shows
- Infographic: Which Is The Most Effective Digital Marketing Channel
- Google Analytics Combines Web & App Data Into Single Reporting View
- Could “Liking” A Brand On Facebook Waive Your Legal Rights?
- Google Ad Review Center Gets Updated Interface, Navigation & New Ad Review Options
- 3 Ways To Connect With Your Customer Even When You Don’t Make The Sale
- Twitter Expands Mobile Ad Offering With App Install Ads & New Twitter Publisher Network
- Former Yahoo COO de Castro Made Tidy $3.8 Million Per Month
- A Concise Overview Of Cross-Channel Marketing Models
- Now You Can Tell Facebook Friends Where You’re ‘Traveling To’
Search News From Around The Web:
- Small Businesses Search in Vain for Web-Ad Help, Wall Street Journal
Local & Maps
- Street View and reCAPTCHA technology just got smarter, googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com
- More Yandex SEO penalties coming for link seller, Russian Search Tips
- New ‘Google’ for the Dark Web Makes Buying Dope and Guns Easy, Wired
- Why I Bing It | Bing vs. Google, Intrapromote Blog
- Moving your website to https / SSL: tips & tricks, Yoast
- How to Dramatically Improve Your Google Authorship, KISS Metrics
- Is Negative SEO Public Enemy #1?, Luna Metrics
- Mining Reviews for SEO Benefit, Practical E-Commerce
- Ryanair drops out of top Google flight search results after website overhaul, The Guardian
- What if…(The More Things Change, the More Different They Become), Bing Webmaster Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Have You Tried These Methods to Increase Conversions?, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Setting The Right PPC Budget For Your Business, koozai.com
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.