SearchCap: Bing Ads Campaign Planner, Yahoo Firefox Surge & Local Search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: How To Grow PPC Revenue Without Tanking ROI Columnist Amanda West-Bookwalter shares her tips for improving paid search campaigns while keeping ROI steady. Was Your Site Hit By Google’s Panda Or […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How To Grow PPC Revenue Without Tanking ROI
Columnist Amanda West-Bookwalter shares her tips for improving paid search campaigns while keeping ROI steady.
- Was Your Site Hit By Google’s Panda Or Penguin? This Flowchart May Help You Find Out.
Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller has put together this handy flow chart to help you determine if your site has been hit by one of Google’s infamous algorithm updates.
- Bing Ads Updates Campaign Planner Tool For Search Trends, Keyword And Competitive Research
In September, Bing Ads released its Campaign Planner tool, which includes vertical and product trend data, keyword research and competitive insights. This week, the first update to the tool was released. If you’re not already familiar with this tool, I recommend taking some time and digging into it. It’s located under the Tools menu in […]
- Local Search Marketers: Optimize Your Physical Location For The Virtual World
Never before have the real world and the virtual world been more intertwined. Columnist Chris Silver Smith discusses how the developments affect local businesses.
- Yahoo Sees Big Search Bump From Firefox Deal
Last month, Yahoo announced that it was replacing Google as the default search engine in the next/latest version of Firefox: Firefox 34. That position is now paying dividends for Yahoo according to new data from StatCounter released earlier today. The analytics firm said that “Yahoo search was used three times more on Firefox 34 than on Firefox 33.” The installed […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Outdoor Company To Post User-Generated #ThankfulThisHoliday Photos On Billboards
- Chartbeat Shines A Light On Dark Social, Finds Missing Mobile Referrers
- Twitter Launches “Answers” For Free App Install Tracking
- Understand The Seismic Shift To Mobile & Make Peace With The Ghost Of Christmas Future
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Mobile Transactions Reached 37 Percent — Report
- 5 Ways To Embrace Your Inner Marketing Technologist
- Union Metrics Offers Free Instagram Check Up, Upgrades Analytics Dashboard
- Gauging Display Ad Effectiveness: Move Beyond Clicks & Into Engagement
- “Dark Social” Is Still Nearly 70 Percent Of Sharing Activity
Search News From Around The Web:
- An Interview with Tomer Sharon, Senior User Experience Researcher at Google about UX, Mobile, and Life at Google, technmarketing.com
Local & Maps
- Google My Maps Pro To Go Free, Search Engine Roundtable
- Rain or shine – what do Russians search online?, russiansearchtips.com
- December 2014 Google Webmaster Report: Penguin, Penalties, Mobile SEO & Answers, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Responsive Design Does Not Rank Better Than Other Mobile Designs, Search Engine Roundtable
- Long Tail CTR Study: The Forgotten Traffic Beyond Top 10 Rankings, Moz
- Semantic search and the future of SEO., Ryan Walsh
SEM / Paid Search
- How Your Feedback is Shaping Bing Ads – December 2014 Edition, Bing Ads
- Mobile Paid Search: Is your 2015 checklist in place?, Covario
- PLAs Key to Beating Amazon in Search as Retail Giant Enhances Paid Presence, RKG Blog
- Tracking Online Coupons & Promotions Through Pay Per Click, The SEM Post