SearchCap: Bing Content Quality, Google Maps Evolves & Sofa Sunday
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: To Create Useful Links, Think Like A User, Not A Content Producer Are you letting your users down by focusing too much on attracting links? Columnist Julie Joyce suggests a mode […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- To Create Useful Links, Think Like A User, Not A Content Producer
Are you letting your users down by focusing too much on attracting links? Columnist Julie Joyce suggests a mode of thinking to help you link more naturally.
- Of Apple, SEO & Why Google Thinks NeXT Is Still Alive
Even the world’s largest and best-known brands can make unconventional (and unproductive) SEO choices. Columnist Chris Liversidge dissects Apple’s handling of NeXT.com.
- Insights Into PPC Traffic From “Sofa Sunday” In The UK
You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but what about Sofa Sunday? Columnist Rebekah Schelfhout discusses this new mobile shopping trend.
- Bing: Content Quality Is A Primary Ranking Factor Made Up Of Authority, Utility & Presentation
Michael Basilyan, Senior Program Manager from the Bing Content Quality Team, shared a nice set of details on the Bing blog about how Bing’s algorithms determine what makes for content quality. Michael Basilyan explained that content quality is a primary factor in their ranking algorithm, along with topical relevance and context. Michael then went on […]
- From Novelty To Foundational Product: The Evolution Of Google Maps
Until Android came along Google’s most important product after search undoubtedly was Google Maps. I know it sounds heretical to say this but in some ways Maps is more strategic to Google than search today. That’s because Google Maps bridge the physical and digital worlds and because Maps are more “useful” to mobile users than […]
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter Enables Ad Targeting Based On Mobile App Actions
- #HaveYouCHECT Campaign Urges Parents to Use Smartphone Camera To Detect Childhood Cancer
- The Secret Meanings Behind 40 Brand Logos
- Though Online Retail Traffic Dipped, Conversions Hit A Seasonal High In Cyber Monday Week
- Top 10 YouTube Ads In 2014: Nike Takes Top Two Spots With 171.7 Million Views
- ANA’s Giant Bot Fraud Study: Losses Could Exceed $6 Billion Next Year
- Yahoo Gets Into App Install Ads: Now Offered On Gemini
- Are App Graphs The Next Big Thing In Search?
- 3 Organizational Commitments Required For Marketing Success
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Drive by Dubai with Street View, Google LatLong
- Google Local Holiday Business Tips From Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Infinite Ascii Casuing Google & Bing Layout Issues, Search Engine Roundtable
- 3 Ways Google Penalties Have Pulled SEO Out of the Gutter, Search Engine Watch
- Five SEO tactics to revive your web pages, Vertical Leap
- Four Steps to Supercharge Deep Linking for Android Apps, Google Developers Blog
- SEO Trends 2015: 45 Experts On The Future Of Search, momentology
SEM / Paid Search
New on Search Engine Land