SearchCap: Google bans payday loan ads, Alexa works with Kayak & More
Barry Schwartz on May 11, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google bans ads for payday and high-interest loans
May 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
As of July 13, the ads will no longer be accepted in AdWords.
- A script for getting granular AdWords account anomaly alerts
May 11, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys shares a highly customizable script that can help detect anomalies within an AdWords account, improving upon Google’s Account Anomaly Detector.
- Soon, assign whatever attribution model you want for each conversion type in AdWords
May 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Data-driven attribution will be among the models available for high-volume conversion types.
- With help from Alexa, Kayak debuts voice-enabled travel search on Amazon Echo
May 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Users can search for flight, hotel and rental car information — but not yet book.
- The SEO risks & rewards of buying multi-location companies
May 11, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
SEO value is rarely considered in acquisition deals. Using Sports Authority as an example, columnist Andrew Shotland discusses how a website’s SEO should factor into these discussions.
- Enterprise SEO Platforms Marketer’s Guide — Updated for 2016
May 11, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land’s “Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for enterprise SEO software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business. This 44-page report is your source for the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for SEO software tools as seen by industry leaders, vendors and their […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Kayak brings voice-enabled travel search to Amazon’s Echo device
- How to make SEO a company-wide habit
- Instagram strips down its logo, apps because they weren’t simple enough already
- Here’s what Amazon wants to accomplish with its new Video Direct service
- Google Translate adds new “Tap to Translate” feature for third-party apps
- Beyond authority: guiding metrics for lasting links
- Convergence and the power of data in modern marketing
- Top 10 YouTube ads in April: Apple owns nearly half the list with 15.6M total views
- Electioneering & email 2016: evolving voter engagement
- Startup Zarget launches first browser plugin-based CRO tool
- Twitter renewed its upfront deals with these three agencies
- MarTech Today: More Lightning in Salesforce’s Cloud, a primer on machine learning & Google Search Console updates
- 12 essential digital marketing strategies
- Almost 10 years after the iPhone, marketers still not meeting mobile expectations
- Chatbots are poised to take over Facebook
- The SEO industry is worth $65 billion; will it ever stop growing?
- How to effectively prioritize and amplify SEO content
- Warning: Vulnerability discovered in Yoast SEO WordPress plugin
Search News From Around The Web:
- Bing Webmaster Outreach Simply Dead, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Explains How Webmaster Forums Escalation Works, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Isn’t Required To De-Index Negative Ripoff Report–Fakhrian v. Google (Forbes Cross-Post), Eric Goldman
Local & Maps
- Search Challenge (5/11/16): In the middle of nowhere?, SearchReSearch
- Everything You Need to Know About Using Yoast SEO for WordPress, Moz
- Google Denies Any Recent Major Algorithm Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Having Trouble Converting Your SEO Traffic? This Is Probably Why, quicksprout.com
- Six Top SEO Factors in 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why should you use multiple focus keywords, yoast.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Get A Grip On New Paid Search Accounts, PPC Hero
- Google Removes Right Hand Side Bar Ads: What Does This Mean For Pay Per Click?, Receptional.com
- Google Testing Product Listing Ads With 3, 4 or 6 Products at Top of Search Results, thesempost.com