SearchCap: Google Carousel Expands, Yahoo Java Deal & Markup Spam
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo Signs Deal With Oracle To Attract New Users Via Java Installs
Yahoo hopes to repeat the success of last year’s Mozilla Firefox partnership, which grew its search share in the U.S.
- 9 Outcomes Of Google’s Pirate Algorithm: Should You Be Concerned?
In light of Google’s update to its pirate algorithm in October 2014, columnist Neil Patel explores its impact thus far.
- Spammy Structured Markup Penalty & Recovery – Use Schema Markup With Caution!
Columnist Tony Edward notes that Google has begun issuing penalties for improper implementation of structured data markup. If you’re making use of structured data markup, here’s how you can avoid getting slammed.
- Search In Pics: Twitter Golden State Warriors Cake, YouTube Candy & Google Park
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- The Google Mobile Search Carousel Adds Pinterest Pins, Vines, Houzz & Food Network Recipes
The Google Search news carousel gets a bit more social with Pinterest Pins, Vines and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Big Brands, Sports Teams, Celebrities & Tech Companies Among 3,400+ Early .sucks Domain Registrants
- Datameer Releases Multi-Channel Analytics Application
- Facebook Updates Video Insights To Give Overall View Of Performance
- Choosing the Right Images for Your Ads- July 14 Webcast
- Mobile Video Views Jump 100% YoY In Q1 2015, Up 367% Since 2013 [Report]
- Honda’s “Random Acts of Helpfulness” Surprise Deserving Dads on Father’s Day
- Google Addresses Fat Finger Ad Clicks On Mobile
- 5 Steps To Jump-Starting Your Programmatic Strategy
- Rights Management 101: The Do’s and Don’ts of User-Generated Content
Search News From Around The Web:
- Play Ball! Live Scores for Every MLB Game, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Apps 101: Deep Linking, App Indexing and Why They Matter, BruceClay.com
- Duck Duck Go SEO, a Deep Look at the Search Engine, ignitevisibility.com
- Google Adds Multiple Breadcrumb Examples To Developer Documents, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Panda Algorithm Refresh Still Coming Soon, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Google May Use Searcher, Usage, & Clickstream Behavior to Impact Rankings – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- How to Spot if Your SEO Company is Black Hat, Ignite Visibility
- Local Search Engine Optimization: 3 Tips For Winning at Local Search, SEMrush Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Upgrade your URLs before July 1, 2015, Inside AdWords
- Prevent Mismatch with These Paid Search Solutions, SEMrush Blog
- Proving the Benefits of Pay Per Click Beyond the Initial Conversion, The SEM Post
- Why Do I Need Landing Pages for PPC?, Renegade Search
- Video: Google Updates & Panda, Emojis Gone, Matt Cutts Leave & Yahoo Java Default, Search Engine Roundtable