SearchCap: Google fact checks, Ask.com privacy bug & SEO winning
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google expands fact-checking effort to all searches worldwide
Apr 7, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Is an online claim true or not? Google hopes special callouts for fact-checking articles will help searchers get the right answers or better make their own decisions.
- Ask.com exposing real-time user queries to the public
Apr 7, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Ask.com left its server status Apache page open to the public, exposing private search data to the world.
- E-commerce companies can improve revenue by following these 5 tips
Apr 7, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Looking to take your e-commerce business to the next level? Columnist Trond Lyngbø has some SEO and content marketing advice for web shops.
- 5 quick SEO wins for new clients
Apr 7, 2017 by Christian Sculthorp
Columnist Christian Sculthorp surveyed industry experts to find out where they look for easy wins when taking on a new SEO campaign. Here is some of their advice.
- Search in Pics: Google antlers, cloud car & nap hexagons
Apr 7, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google antler wall decor: Source: Instagram Google nap hexagon: Source: Twitter Dylan Schneider performs at Google […]
- National Brands & Local Search: Use Insights to Drive Actions
Apr 6, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
National brands with hundreds – if not thousands – of locations face a daunting challenge. With nearly one third of all mobile searches now related to location, the competition for visibility at the local level has heated up. Once a brand has submitted its data to data aggregators, then what? How can brands leverage performance […]
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Take the MarTech survey: Is marketing art or science?
- Facebook adds email signup & Page Like call-to-action buttons to Instant Articles
- Scaling your content without draining your budget
- What the data tells us about the death of exact match and its impact
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we cross-post articles across our websites
- Sticky now tracks eyes and emotions to guide your ad campaign
- Ad tech providers are watching closely as Google fights concerns over YouTube brand safety
- How to rule the App Store in 2017: 5 trends to use to your advantage
- Is Snapchat’s bubble about to burst?
- The Path to CMO with Taco Bell’s Marisa Thalberg [Podcast]
- Twitter officially opens direct messages to chatbots
- 5 Hottest Trends in Advanced Analytics
- In the age of RankBrain, these foundational SEO issues still matter
- YouTube channels must now hit 10K views to start earning ad revenue
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Says Bounce Rate Is Not A Good Ranking Signal, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says No Need To Add Alt Text To Small Positioning Images, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use Your Competition’s "Top Pages" Data to Bolster Your SEO Efforts – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Why Google Doesn’t Disclose Most Google Updates & Algorithm Changes, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Top Google searches (as of March 2017), ahrefs.com
- Video: Google Algorithm Shifts, Mobile First Index Delayed, Fact Checking & More, Search Engine Roundtable