SearchCap: Google & Hillary Clinton, SEO URLs & AdWords explained
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Google: Autocomplete does not favor any candidate or causeJun 10, 2016 by Barry Schwartz Google public relations and Matt Cutts come out to call the allegations that Google altered their search […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google: Autocomplete does not favor any candidate or cause
Jun 10, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google public relations and Matt Cutts come out to call the allegations that Google altered their search suggestions in favor of Hillary Clinton false.
- Infographic: The ultimate guide to SEO-friendly URLs
Jun 10, 2016 by John E Lincoln
Having an SEO-friendly URL structure can help search engines and users alike navigate your website more easily, potentially giving you an edge over the competition. To explain the basics, contributors John Lincoln and Brian Dean have put together this helpful infographic.
- The big picture guide to local SEO: ranking in 2016 & beyond
Jun 10, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Columnist Marcus Miller provides a comprehensive look into ranking factors for local search, including negative ranking factors and ways to differentiate yourself from the competition.
- How to prepare for AdWords’ expanded text ads and device-based bidding
Jun 10, 2016 by Matt Umbro
Columnist Matt Umbro provides some advice for advertisers who want to be ahead of the game when Google’s recently announced AdWords changes go live.
- Search in Pics: SEO robots, Google fish tank & a koala
Jun 10, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. A Google fish tank: Source: Twitter YouTube Kids furniture: Source: Google+ Google sticky buns in a […]
- Android launcher and search engine Evie “reimagines” the mobile home screen
Jun 9, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company wants to offer a better home screen and help users get things done across apps and the mobile web more efficiently.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Broad match: What is it good for?
- What is quality content?
- Data platform Quantifind’s new Analysis application lets marketers ask their own questions
- Do you have the right local SEO tools for the job?
- The struggle is real: Marketing to Millennials
- Android “Nearby” uses beacons to push apps and sites relevant to user location
- The 8 biggest myths about guest posting
- Attribution, one step at a time
- MarTech Today: Lithium launches Klout-powered Reach, Apple’s paid search ads for App Store & more
- Lenovo launches first-ever phone equipped with space-sensing Google Tango
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Says No Plans For Disavow Link Testing Tool, Search Engine Roundtable
- Five Fantastic Features Of The Yoast SEO Plugin, receptional.com
- Google Wants Feedback On Why You Submit Spam Reports, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Zombies Or Likely Buyers? Google Showing Different Results., Search Engine Roundtable
- The importance of quality content for SEO, Yoast
- What to Do When the Wrong Page Ranks for Your Keyword(s) – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Video: Google Algorithm, Hillary Clinton, SEO, Bing Ads & More, Search Engine Roundtable
New on Search Engine Land