SearchCap: Google Speeds Up The Web, Expedia Goes Emoji & Hreflang
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX East Describe your “must see” topics and improve your odds of speaking by sharing your best session ideas with us. Google Testing Faster & Lightweight Mobile […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX East
Describe your “must see” topics and improve your odds of speaking by sharing your best session ideas with us.
- Google Testing Faster & Lightweight Mobile Search & Optimizing Your Web Page For Slow Connections
Google is testing a way to speed up your web page speed for slow connections from their mobile search results. Yes, you can opt out.
- Auditing Hreflang Annotations: The Most Common Issues & How To Avoid Them
It can be challenging to implement the hreflang attribute correctly on multilingual and multinational websites. Columnist Aleyda Solis illustrates the most frequently-made errors.
- Expedia Adds Emoji Hotel To Its Title Tags To Increase Click Through Rates In Google
In an effort to increase SEO sales, Expedia tests adding Emoji characters to some of their page title tags.
- Is Google Showing Fewer Ads Per Search?
Columnist Mark Ballard explores both first- and third-party data to help understand what’s really driving Google’s paid search impression decline and weakening click growth.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Earth Day Efforts Encouraged Californians To Share “Acts of Green” On Social Media
- Size Matters: Phablets Reach 20 Percent Penetration Of Smartphone Market
- E-Commerce: Smartphone Traffic Grows 269 Pct, 90 Pct Of Carts Abandoned
- Everything Marketers Want To Know About Social Media Marketing But Are Too Afraid To Ask
- Live Blog: Microsoft Build 2015 Opening Keynote, Day 2
- BrightRoll Gives Advertisers Access To Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015
- NewFronts 2015: YouTube Opens Brandcast With Audience Metrics & Closes With Bruno Mars
- New: Twitter Makes Promoted Tweets Less Obvious
- Yelp Posts 55 Percent Revenue Growth ($118.5M) But Disappoints Investors
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Flights Uses Material Design, Google Operating System
- The check protector in reality!, SearchReSearch
- 8 Ways Social Media Can Impact Your SEO, SEMrush Blog
- Google Search Results Without Title Tags In Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s mobile friendly algorithm: four early test results, Econsultancy
- How 25 Minutes A Day Can Help You Achieve Your Writing Dreams, seocopywriting.com
- How the Top 25 Newspapers are Handling Mobile Traffic, The SEM Post
- Whiteboard Friday videos, Stramark.nl
SEM / Paid Search
- Upcoming changes to mobile app install ads on the Search Network, Google Ads Developer Blog
- 6 Strategic Tools Your PPC Agency Should Be Providing, PPC Hero