SearchCap: Google Trips app, Bing image search app & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Moz launches comprehensive keyword research tool ‘Keyword Explorer’
May 3, 2016 by Greg Finn
A slick new keyword research tool from Moz gives users the power of customization when curating keyword lists.
- Content and SEO: Optimization from creation to conversion
May 3, 2016 by Jim Yu
How can you ensure that your content creation efforts don’t go to waste? Columnist Jim Yu discusses how to align content creation with SEO goals and user needs for maximum impact.
- With “Trips” app, will Google finally deliver a better travel experience?
May 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
New Google travel effort promises to bring together a range of tools and capabilities.
- 60% of local SEOs are outsourcing more tasks in 2016 vs. 2015
May 3, 2016 by Myles Anderson
What is the current state of outsourcing in the local search world? Columnist Myles Anderson takes a look at the results of a recent BrightLocal survey on the topic.
- The benefits of creating a purpose-driven SEO strategy
May 3, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Why does your website exist? What is the function of each page? Columnist Ryan Shelley explains how an effective SEO strategy starts with defining your website’s purpose.
- Teacher’s Day Google Doodle dedicated to “invaluable civil servants” leading today’s youth
May 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Designed by Doodler Nate Swinehart, the animated illustration points to a search for Teacher’s Day and includes a sharing icon.
- Bing app for iOS brings image-based searching to iPhones
May 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Image search feature has potential to be quite useful, but needs improvement.
- Learn from top social media marketing experts at SocialPro this June in Seattle
May 3, 2016 by Search Engine Land
If you’re looking for advanced social media marketing tactics that the pros are using to drive results, SocialPro is your go-to event. Whether you’re an in-house marketer or work at an agency, you’ll learn earned, owned and paid social media marketing tactics and strategies. See the agenda! Get one-on-one face time with these expert practitioners: […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Adobe buys audience engagement platform Livefyre
- Video analytics provider iSpot.tv integrates Facebook metrics into its ad platform
- Instagram’s carousel ads now support 60-second videos
- Twitter’s new Connect tab wants to help you find people to follow
- Pinterest acquires mobile ad tech talent, but not the tech, because content
- What Kobe Bryant can teach you about succeeding with AdWords
- The power of “Anchor Influencers”
- Should you move your blog to Medium or Facebook? The post dot-com era for content
- Removing silos: staying ahead with integrated digital marketing best practices
- Business video platform Wistia adds 360-degree video
- Experts can save you 9,999 hours of pain
- MarTech Today: Data pools, programmatic vertical video ads & more
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- A Street View salute to travel and tourism in the US, Google Lat Long
- Get around Rio with indoor maps of 2016 Olympic venues, Google Lat Long
- What’s that image: Earthquake and floods, Google Earth Blog
- How to Cloak Affiliate Links (& Why You Should), sugarrae.com
- Manage Backlink Risks with Majestic, Majestic Blog
- Heart Warming Message From Mother Of Autistic Child To Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- E-commerce SEO: Misconceptions and Challenges, semrush.com
- Google Direct Answers in Search Continue to Grow (Study), Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- Dominate the Offense with Mainline Bids, Bing Ads Blog
- Upcoming changes to AdWords policy names, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Use AdWords Filters To Improve Efficiency, PPC Hero
- 2 Ways Google Suggest Can Expand Your Keywords Beyond Simply Completing Them, thesempost.com
- Google Test: AdWords Ads Can Result In 15 Point Drop In Organic Click Through Rates, Search Engine Roundtable
- Hacking Your Way to 5x Higher Organic Click-Through Rates (and Better Conversion Rates & Rankings, too), Moz