SearchCap: Bing Counts Yahoo Clicks, Personal Ads & SEO Contracts
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Launches Yahoo Click Volume Numbers, To Be Updated Weekly
In response to transitions under the renegotiated search deal, Bing Ads will release weekly updates on the percentage of Yahoo click volume it’s delivering.
- Dynamic Advertising: The Key To Scaling Personalized Ads
In his article on our sister site, Marketing Land, columnist Matt Ackley breaks down dynamic advertising and explains how online marketers can use it to create customized ads at scale.
- 12 Elements Of A Solid SEO Contract
Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller lays out her foundation for creating a search engine optimization (SEO) contract that’s fair, clear, and mutually beneficial.
- Getting Creative With PPC Ad Copy & Testing
Contributor Purna Virji provides a full recap of one of the top PPC sessions from SMX Advanced 2015.
- What Happened To Dinosaurs? Google’s Direct Answer Gives Non-Scientific Theory From Religious Site
Google search query on the demise of the dinosaurs returns an answer based on creationism.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter CEO Dick Costolo Stepping Down, Jack Dorsey Named Interim CEO
- Making The Move From CMO To President: Domino’s Russell Weiner Shares Challenges & Rewards Of New Role
- San Diego Zoo Takes Southern Californians On Safari Without Leaving The State
- Enterprise Social Media Management Software Marketer’s Guide- Updated for 2015
- Blockbuster Examples Of How Answering Customers’ Questions Makes Them Way More Willing To Convert
- Scaling Programmatic Advertising With Dynamic Ads
- 7 Things CMOs Should Know About Attribution
- IAB: US Digital Ad Spend Jumps 16% To Top $13.3 Billion In Q1 2015
- How Social Signals Affect Brand Perception – Takeaways From SMX Advanced 2015
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Maps Using Photos to Identify Spam?, SEO By The Sea
- 11 Handy Bookmarklet Hacks For Quick Access To Ahrefs Tools, Ahrefs Blog
- When Disavowing, Check Specific Links as Sites Killing Homepages, The SEM Post
- 10 essentials for local SEO success, econsultancy.com
- Early Google Search Algorithm Shuffles Detected In Germany, Search Engine Roundtable
- Eliminate Duplicate Content in Faceted Navigation with Ajax/JSON/JQuery, Moz
- Evergreen Content – Sow the Seeds & Reap the Benefits, The SEM Post
- How fast is the mobile friendly algorithm?, Branded3
- More Details on Google’s Separate Mobile Index, The SEM Post
- The Long Tail Search Is Alive But Optimizing For It In Google Is Dead, Search Engine Roundtable
- Where Social Media and SEO Fit in Today’s Content Marketing Mix, Online Marketing Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Upcoming changes to Paid and Organic Query report, Google Ads Developer Blog