SearchCap: Google Instant dies, AdWords call bids & Google legal issues
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google has dropped Google Instant Search
Jul 26, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Several years after Google launched Google Instant, they are killing the default search feature to bring search more inline with mobile devices.
- Google has explained how you can remove your AMP content from Google search
Jul 26, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Not that Google wants you to take these steps, but if you really wanted to drop supporting AMP on your site, here is how to do that.
- How to test (and perfect) nearly everything in PPC
Jul 26, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Columnist Andreas Reiffen adapts his talk from SMX London 2017 into a handy “how-to” for search marketers looking to improve ad performance through testing.
- Google intros new call bid adjustments in AdWords
Jul 26, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The new “interaction” option can be used to adjust bids to get call extensions to show more or less often in mobile search ads.
- 3 reasons SEO belongs at the beginning of a project, not the end
Jul 26, 2017 by Nate Dame
Search engine optimization (SEO) can sometimes be treated as an afterthought, but columnist Nate Dame outlines how keyword research can be instrumental in planning and developing an effective content calendar.
- Google fighting local battles over global control of its index in Canada, France
Jul 25, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Regulators and courts seek to assert authority over global search results rather than limit decisions to their own countries.
- Read “The State of Digital Advertising 2017” to learn the current state of the industry
Jul 25, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marin Software interviewed 500 digital marketing managers from leading agencies and brands around the world to discover the trends, opportunities, and challenges they face in 2017. In this report, they discuss a number of insights, including: Mobile Ad Spend: Marketing budgets are following the shift of eyeballs from traditional channels to mobile. Lack of Expertise […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Meet the fake news of the online marketing world (that Google loves!): Review sites
- The psychology of search: Unleashing the power of connection
- How to approach your B2B marketing like an NFL quarterback
- Linqia unveils ‘first’ platform for predicting influencer engagement
- 5 eternal marketing lessons you can hang your hat on
- When Marketo went offline, self-described ‘geek’ rescued domain after their own failure to renew
- Tru Optik announces collaboration with comScore
- Forging customer connections in a privacy-obsessed world
- Three must-read ABM trends for 2017
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 6 High Impact Ways To Enhance Local Business Visibility Online, Search Engine People
- Google is Testing Floating Map & List Icons in Restaurants’ Local Finder, Sergey Alakov
- eBay is adding visual search to its mobile app, engadget.com
- Google’s New Parental Control App Has a Flaw: Puberty, New York Times
- SearchResearch Challenge (7/26/17): Milking the milk topic…, SearchReSearch
- 25 Revealing Questions You Must Ask New SEO Clients, Search Engine Journal
- 5 SEO Don’ts of Traffic Monetization. How to Avoid Google Penalty, Search Engine Journal
- Does Google Use Analytics Data to Discover new URLs for Crawling?, Stone Temple
- Google for Jobs – The Complete Guide, RankRanger
- How to SEO in 2017: An Overview, Smokehouse SEO
- How to write great Schema Markup for your Company, SEM Rush
- Improve your site’s structure in 4 simple steps, Yoast
- Is Black Hat SEO Dying? Take Our Poll, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Women Who Inspired Me to Be a Better PPC Marketer, The AdStage Blog
- How Google for Jobs Affects PPC and Others, PPC Hero
- 5 Scientific Formulas For Writing the Perfect Headline, Pole Position Mkg
- How to Get Your Piece of the Search Impression Share Pie, WordStream
- The Lazy Writer’s Guide to 30-Minute Keyword Research, Moz