Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Maps Update, Google Quote Boxes & Geo-Location Test
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Want To Speak @ SMX Milan? Here’s How
The agenda is complete, and we’re now accepting submissions to speak at Search Marketing Expo – SMX Milan 2015. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to have read the agenda. Understand what the sessions are about. Ensure that your pitch is on target to the show’s audience and the session. Please also […]
- Take The Google Geo-Location Test: Where Does Google Think You Are?
Submit your results to a survey aiming to understand the accuracy of Google’s geo-location data.
- The Latest In Advanced Technical SEO From SMX Advanced
Columnist Chris Silver Smith shares expert insights on advanced technical SEO, straight from the mouths of industry veterans!
- The New Search, Content & Social Marketing Sweet Spot
Columnist Jim Yu asserts that brands seeking to create successful digital campaigns need to focus on fostering collaboration between search, social and content teams.
- Google Now Shows Quotes For Famous People Without Sourcing Them
Google now gets in the business of answering queries on famous quotes with a new quotes answer box that doesn’t link to the source of the content.
- Google Maps App Will Warn You That The Place You’re Driving To Is Closed
Ever go to a place only to find out it closed hours ago? The Google Maps app will now warn you before you even leave that it may be closed before you arrive.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- European Court Says Internet News Portal Is Liable For User-Generated Comments
- Google Play Gaining Ground Against Apple, As Android App Downloads Outnumber iOS 2-to-1
- Twitter Introduces Autoplay Video; Will Only Charge For Ads 100% In View For 3 Seconds
- Pinterest Streamlines & Simplifies Its Search Interface
- Instant Digital Gratification: Taking The Consumer To The Checkout In Rapid Fashion
- Practical Conversion Tips For Creating Mindless Forms
- Connexity Buys PriceGrabber In CSE Consolidation
- For Search & Social, Headlines Are The Top Drivers Of Traffic
- Google’s Universal Analytics Two Years In: Hype Or Revolution?
- Geofeedia Launches Updated Location Monitoring Platform & iOS App
- Facebook Sued In Belgium For Social Plug-in Tracking, EU Passes Stricter Privacy Law
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Collection of Google Street View images of sheep., slate.com
- Dissecting and Surviving Google’s Local Snack Pack Results, Moz
- How Apple Maps overtook Google Maps, fortune.com
- Can You Rank in Google Without Links? New Data Says Slim Chance, Moz
- Google: Don’t Nofollow Great Links In Your Content, Search Engine Roundtable
- Now we have over 3 Trillion URLS!, Majestic Blog
- Google displays the nutritional values of fast food meals, engadget.com
- Mobli takes on Internet giants with event-based photo and video search, www.reuters.com
- 9 Important SEO Lessons from Old School PR, SEMrush Blog
- How Did Thumbtack Get Out Of The SEO Penalty Box?, Local SEO Guide
- In-House or SEO Agency: Which is Right for Your Business?, BruceClay.com
- Very Limited Chatter Around Weekend Google Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Isn’t Google Creating Direct Social Value?, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- Broad Match: The ultimate volume player, Bing Ads
- How B2B Advertisers Can Leverage Callout Extensions for Better Ad Messaging, KoMarketing
- Top 10 AdWords Mistakes To Avoid, SEMrush Blog