SearchCap: Slow Google Panda, SEO Landing Pages & TheLandys Extended
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Barry Schwartz on July 31, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Deadline Extended For 2015 Search Engine Land Awards Entries
Due to overwhelming response and the high level of interest, we have decided to extend the entry deadline for the Search Engine Land Awards until FRIDAY, AUGUST 7, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. ET. As the entry fees add to the total charitable contribution from the awards program, we appreciate the search community’s incredible response thus far and […]
- Deepen Your Social Marketing Skill Set – Attend Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
Take your social media marketing skills to unprecedented levels by attending SocialPro! Formerly known as SMX Social Media Marketing, SocialPro is the conference where you can learn groundbreaking tactics taught by leading brands and agencies from across the globe. SocialPro is programmed by the editorial folks at Marketing Land, your leading source for digital marketing news. With this expertise […]
- Squeezing More Value Out Of Your Most Important SEO Landing Pages
Key landing pages not performing as well as you’d hoped? Check out columnist Tom Demers’ helpful guide to getting the most out of your best content.
- Google: Panda 4.2 Is Rolling Out Slowly For Technical Reasons
Google’s John Mueller tries to explain why the Panda 4.2 rollout is happening so slowly over months and months.
- Search In Pics: Android Repair, Google Log Tables & Rubber Ducks
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- Proactive Alerts For SEO Reporting Using Google Analytics
Having large quantities of data at our fingertips is great, but having the relevant bits automatically delivered to us is even better. Columnist Ben Goodsell shows how to configure Google Analytics to automatically alert you to significant organic traffic changes.
- Celebrate The Power Of Search With Us At #TheLandys Awards Celebration
Details about the 2015 Search Engine Land Awards Celebration (#TheLandys) taking place during SMX East in New York City, on September 30, 2015, from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Old Spice Uses Instagram Tagging To Create Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Social Game
- Deepen Your Social Marketing Skill Set — Attend Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
- Report Pegs “Click-To-Call Commerce” At More Than $1 Trillion Annually
- Gone In 15 Seconds: The Top 3 Reasons People Leave Your Website
- Are Your Observed KPIs Based On Causation Or Correlation?
Search News From Around The Web:
- English Hangout Transcript 30.07.2015, seo-portal.de
- English Hangout Transcript 31.07.2015, seo-portal.de
Local & Maps
- How You May Help Google Map Indoor Spaces, SEO by the Sea
- The Linkbait Bump: How Viral Content Creates Long-Term Lift in Organic Traffic – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- The Realities of Link Building in 2015, Authority Labs
- More Related Images in Google Image Search for Mobile, Google Operating System
- When Google Doesn’t Have The Answer: No Matches Found Answer, Search Engine Roundtable
- Common UX Mistakes That Will Kill Your SEO Efforts, semrush.com
- Google Increases Their Index; GoogleBot Indexing More URLs, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Patents Click-Through Feedback on Search Results to Improve Rankings, SEO By The Sea
- Google Won’t Give Advice On Algorithmic Penalties, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Video: Google Panda 4.2, Advice On Algorithms, Bing Emoji & AdWords Changes, Search Engine Roundtable