SearchCap: AdWords reports, CTR data & Google Maps ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Merkle’s early data on expanded text ad CTRs: Results are mixed
Jul 29, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The agency looked at expanded text ad performance from both brand and non-brand traffic.
- Excited about Google’s new map ads? You should be!
Jul 29, 2016 by Will Scott
Google Maps ads are changing to help local businesses become more visible. Columnist Will Scott discusses the four features you should be most excited about.
- 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO
Jul 29, 2016 by John E Lincoln
New to the world of search engine optimization (SEO)? Columnist John Lincoln explains some things you might not know about this online marketing discipline.
- Search in Pics: NBA players at Google, Pokemon Go gamers & Google koolaid
Jul 29, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google’s Gary Illyes in scary clown mask Source: Twitter Real Google koolaid: Source: Google+ NBA players […]
- AdWords gains 3 new cross-device attribution reports
Jul 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Based on AdWords cross-device conversion data, the new reports show device influence through the full conversion path.
- Don’t lose track of leads once they pick up the phone
Jul 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
The internet, combined with the rise of mobile devices, has created a telephonic boom. But while measuring online conversions has become standard practice for most businesses, many companies have a conversion blind spot surrounding their inbound phone calls. The solution to this blind spot lies in the application of call intelligence. This white paper from […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Much needed filters & custom metrics make their way to Twitter Ads Manager reporting
- How your old content can help with SEO
- How to download all of your landing pages from Google Search Console via Analytics Edge — and I mean ALL of them!
- The reasons behind type provider Monotype’s decision to buy UGC platform Olapic
- The Intent Lab opens and issues its first Digital Satisfaction Index
- How to master content marketing for your e-commerce company
- Consumers have spoken: 2016 is the year of “webrooming”
- MarTech Today: Oracle picks up NetSuite, Tune opens up a Multiverse & Google iOS app’s listening skills
- Apple sells its billionth iPhone, but Samsung gains market share
- Amazon revenue up 31% YoY for Q2 2016, climbs to $30.4B for the quarter
Search News From Around The Web:
- Baidu Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results, prnewswire.com
Local & Maps
- Explore Rio from every angle, Official Google Blog
- Google Adds Social Profiles To The Local Knowledge Graph, Search Engine Roundtable
- Three Things You Should Know Before Choosing AdWords Express, Google Small Business
- Why SEOs Don’t Believe Google About Redirects Not Diluting PageRank Signals, Search Engine Roundtable
- Bringing HSTS to www.google.com, Google Online Security Blog
- Google Treats Expired Products Page Redirects As Soft 404s, Search Engine Roundtable
- Localized Google Featured Snippets Are Super Useful, Search Engine Roundtable
- Proof That 301 Redirects To Less-Relevant Pages Are Seen As Soft 404s To Google [Case Study], gsqi.com
- Should SEOs and Marketers Continue to Track and Report on Keyword Rankings? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- The BBC’s Marketshare on Google, sistrix.com
- Video: Google Update, Penguin Status, Donald Trump, AdWords & Verizon Buys Yahoo, Search Engine Roundtable