SearchCap: Bing Local Carousel, NORAD Tracker & Yahoo Search Trends
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Paid Search Revenue Gains Outpaced Retailer Ad Spend On Black Friday, Cyber Monday Over the Thanksgiving week, retailers increased ad spend on paid search by 49 percent compared to 2013, according […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Paid Search Revenue Gains Outpaced Retailer Ad Spend On Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Over the Thanksgiving week, retailers increased ad spend on paid search by 49 percent compared to 2013, according to new data from Kenshoo. On the biggest shopping days — Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday — revenue increases outweighed the jump in ad spend from the previous year. Black Friday and Cyber Monday saw the […]
- Defamatory Threats To Have Chilling Effect On Link Builders?
Recently, Google reached a settlement with a UK businessman who took it to court over defamatory web content. Columnist Eric Ward discusses the potential ramifications of this legal battle.
- Yahoo 2014 Search Trends: Ebola Ranks No. 1 For Top 10 Searches & Most Searched News Stories
Following Ask.com last week and Bing on Monday, it’s now Yahoo’s turn to share its most popular searches for the year. Mayer’s site released its top searches for a number of categories, including most popular searches overall, top obsessions, and news stories, as well as offering up a few Tumblr lists. Ebola ranked No. 1 […]
- Is This The End Of The Penguin & Panda Era Shakeups And Recoveries?
For many webmasters, major algorithm updates like Panda and Penguin turned their world upside down, but columnist Aaron Friedman believes the days of big upsets may well be over.
- SEMPO Opens 10th Annual State Of Search & Digital Marketing Survey
Take the 10th annual SEMPO State of Search & Digital Marketing survey now for a chance to win an all-access past to SMX West 2015 in San Jose, CA or an iPad 3. All participants will receive a free, advance copy of the findings.
- Bing Adds Carousel For Local Searches After Google Drops The Feature
Bing is now using a carousel format for their local search results user interface. If you search Bing for local related queries, such as pizza, you will see local results placed in a black bar, that you can navigation through, to find local pizza stores. Here is a picture: Bing started using the carousel format […]
- Microsoft Partners With NORAD To Launch Santa Tracker
The race is on. Three weeks out from Santa’s annual trek around the world, and both Google and Microsoft have launched their Santa Tracker websites. While Google is relying on its Google Maps technology to track Santa, Microsoft once again has partnered with NORAD, the North American Aerospace Defense Command. Microsoft said its Santa Tracker […]
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Bravo ‘Vandalizes’ Cars To Spark Social Conversation About ‘Girlfriends’ Guide To Divorce’
- Cyber Monday 2014 Biggest E-Commerce Day Ever: Desktop Spending Climbs To $2 Billion [ComScore]
- Mobile Study Suggests Geofencing Drives Awareness More Than Direct Response
- Facebook CPMs Jump 7X YoY With Holiday Demand, ROI Doubles
- Most Shared Brands Of 2014: Activia Breaks Into The List At No. 1 On The Success Of Shakira’s “La La La” Video
- Black Friday Deals Drive Frenzy Of Older iPhone Adoption
- Social Beats Search In Referral Traffic For Second Time This Year
- What Affects Ad Viewability? 5 Factors From A Google Study
- Wal-Mart Scores Most Black Friday-Cyber Monday Social Mentions
- Facebook Survey Uncovers That It Cares About World News & Celebrity Interactions
- The Content Relationship: Flip The Funnel On Your Content Strategy
- Marketing Technology Innovation Thrives In The Intersections
- Thinking Outside The Box: 4 Emails You Should Be Sending This Holiday Season
- Sharethrough Launches Viewability On All Native Ad Impressions
- Can I Use The Mobile Wallet To Counter App Fatigue?: Real Questions From Real Marketers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google to revamp its products with 12-and-under focus, USA Today
- Vizion Interactive Announces Acquisition of FMB Media Assets and Addition of David Szetela to Team Vizion, prweb.com
- Google Hopes Penguin Continues To Roll Out & Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Penguin 3.0 – last minute recovery, linkresearchtools.com
- Search Challenge (12/3/14): What’s going on in this file?, SearchReSearch
- Google Webmaster Hangout Takeaway – Tabbed Content Issues Explained, How to Handle Mobile Pages and More…, David Naylor
- HTTP to HTTPS: Best Practices for Top Ranking, SEMrush Blog
- Will Google Index All Of Your Infinite Scroll Content On A Page?, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- A better way to reach customers on the Google Display Network, Inside AdWords
- How many ads are actually seen? New benchmarks for viewability, AdWords Agency Blog
- Are you a robot? Introducing “No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA”, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
New on Search Engine Land