SearchCap: Gboard update, Google local reviews & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google app now delivering restaurant reviews & best-of-lists for local searches
Aug 4, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Released today in the U.S., Google says food and drink related searches will now return reviews from top critics and include best-of lists.
- How to get the old Google Keyword Planner volume data
Aug 4, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Search volume estimates from the Google Keyword Planner have been off recently due to close variants. Columnist Patrick Stox shows how to get this data back.
- Gboard gets first major update with internationalization, smart GIF suggestions & custom keyboards
Aug 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google upgrades their iOS keyboard, Gboard, to roll out to five new languages and adds more GIF support.
- Google My Business drops ability to edit business description field
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Your Google local profile description field can now only be edited on Google+. You can no longer update it on Google My Business.
- 6 top content management systems compared
Aug 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you are thinking about implementing a content management system, searching for the best CMS resources, or simply want to learn more about why it helps to have one, this white paper from ARKE will give you the answers. The white paper covers: why you need a CMS; comparison of the top six CMS platforms; […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Two announcements show how location intelligence and proximity are entering marketing mainstream
- How do your webinars stack up?
- How Facebook is stepping up its whack-a-mole war against clickbait now
- 4 things you didn’t know about rich snippets
- How to manage ad partners in regulated industries: Retail (Part 3 of 5)
- Data and tag management: the DNA of marketing personalization
- Google Analytics launches Demo Account for learning & training
- Why context is digital marketing’s next frontier
- Twitter’s newly incentivized conversational ads could help its pricing problem
- Official: Facebook launches new layout for Pages
- MarTech Today: Why 100 percent viewability isn’t worth it, useful info about rich snippets & AMP pages no longer need structured data
Search News From Around The Web:
- Competitive Keyword Advertising Lawsuit Will Go To A Jury–Edible Arrangements v. Provide Commerce, Eric Goldman
Local & Maps
- Can we see Antarctic seals in Google Earth?, Google Earth Blog
- Google Maps parking information rolling out in Android update 9.34, BGR
- Google Penguin: Why You Cannot Fix Your Website, SEO Theory
- SearchResearch Challenge (8/4/16): How many center-pivot irrigation systems do you see?, SearchReSearch
- SEO Myths You Shouldn’t Fall For, marketing-mojo.com
- A Different Kind of SEO: 5 Big Challenges One Niche Faces in Google, Moz on Twitter
- Google On How They Treat Subdomains vs Subdirectories In 2016, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Can You Be Squeezing More Out Of Your Brand Campaign?, PPC Hero
- Expanded Support for Device Bid Modifiers in AdWords Scripts, Google Ads Developer Blog
- How To Use PPC To Boost Content, Search Engine People
- Improve ROI by Targeting Top Terms on Google Shopping, Metric Theory
- August 2016 Google Webmaster Report: Updates, AMP, Penguin & More, Search Engine Roundtable