Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google pollen search, Google reviews bug & Google pays Apple
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google rolling out hands-free calling on Google Home to US and Canada
Aug 16, 2017 by Greg Sterling
One day relatively soon, home assistants could be generating large volumes of calls to (local) businesses.
- Google working to fix the ability to leave local reviews on Google Maps
Aug 16, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google is aware of the issue with leaving reviews in Google search and Google Maps for local reviews. They are working on a fix.
- How to get developers to implement SEO recommendations
Aug 16, 2017 by Michael King
The best SEO strategy is meaningless if there’s no one to implement it! Columnist Michael King shares his recommendations for how to best work with your developers to get things done.
- Google gives allergy sufferers a heads-up on pollen levels via mobile search
Aug 16, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
In partnership with The Weather Channel, pollen and allergy-related mobile searches return information on local pollen levels and an offer to receive pollen count alerts.
- Developing YOUR audience targeting strategy
Aug 16, 2017 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson digs into how remarketing can be used create, shape and target the most important online audience in the world: yours.
- Analyst: Google’s default search deal worth $3 billion to frenemy Apple
Aug 15, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Bernstein analyst says that payments by Google to Apple this year might be worth as much as $3 billion.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Search Console’s 7/13/17 update: What really changed?
- Why the marketing campaign is dead and what should replace it
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP): IS faster better?
- TeacherLists.com partners with online retailers to ease headache of back-to-school shopping
- Nailing down ads for the holiday season
- Google’s big gamble on ad blocking and why you should care
- Retailers: Here are the building blocks for winning the digital shelf
- Pinterest now lets people zoom in on pins, has redesigned visual search icon
- Performance Horizon can now predict campaign results for its affiliates & partners
- ironSource’s new Ad LTV Prediction tool shows app ad revenue trends across ad networks
- TAG sees its ad tech verification program aimed at cleaning up digital advertising grow rapidly
- What to expect at MarTech? Here’s our epic preview
- FTC-Uber data settlement subjects company to privacy audits for next 20 years
- 6 tips for using location information to boost conversion
- 5 mindset mistakes you may be making when it comes to SEO
- How to generate ideas when competitive analysis shows you nothing
- Martech enablement series: Part 2 — The race team analogy
- 5 ways to ramp up your digital media measurement
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google On Links From Added URL Parameters, Search Engine Roundtable
- 14 Image Optimization Tips You Need to Know, Search Engine Journal
- Can You Retain Google Featured Snippets During Site Migrations or Domain Name Changes? [Case Study], gsqi.com
- Directing Users & GoogleBot To Fasters Servers Is Not Cloaking, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Counts The Same URL In Different Sitemaps Separately, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says URL Structure Not So Important For SEO, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Shares Three Reasons Your Rich Snippets Aren’t Showing In Search, Search Engine Roundtable
- The SEO Primer to Learning Data Science Basics, Search Engine Journal
- Yoast’s mission: SEO for everyone, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Easy Landing Page Updates To Improve Quality Score, PPC Hero
- Yandex Introduces Extended Text Ads (ETA), Russian Search Marketing