Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Super Bowl Searches, Yahoo BOSS & SEO Agencies
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google: 82% Of Super Bowl Ad Searches Happened On Mobile, Up From 70%
Feb 8, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Ads drove more than 7.5 million incremental searches for Super Bowl advertisers.
- MarTech Rates Increase Saturday. Save $350 — Register Now!
Feb 8, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Join innovators and main street brands pioneering marketing technology at MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. Save $350 on your ticket by registering this week! Attend for: Sessions, panels and keynotes featuring senior-level marketers who are driving the organizational changes necessary for their companies to thrive in this age of technology-powered marketing. See the agenda. Presenters […]
- Yahoo To Close BOSS (Build Your Own Search Service) Next Month
Feb 8, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Yahoo to close yet another search service: Yahoo BOSS is closing March 31, 2016.
- Do SEOs At Larger Agencies Earn More Than Those At Smaller Agencies?
Feb 8, 2016 by Myles Anderson
Local search practitioners, how do you stack up to your peers in the industry? Columnist Myles Anderson sheds some light on this topic based on data from BrightLocal’s recent annual Local SEO Industry Survey.
- The Local Data Ecosystem Just Got A Little More Eco-Friendly
Feb 8, 2016 by Christian Ward
Google recently introduced the Google My Business API, but what does this mean for local business marketers? Columnist Christian Ward of Yext explains.
- Lunar New Year Google Doodle Welcomes In The Year Of The Fire Monkey
Feb 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Based on the Chinese Zodiac, the monkey sign is associated with a quick-wit and intellect.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- #PuppyMonkeyBaby Owned Super Bowl Social Buzz, But Majority Of It Was Negative
- Official: Instagram App Supports Switching Among Accounts
- Here Are The Top Ten Brands Scoring Positive Comments From Super Bowl Ads
- YouTube’s Top 10 Super Bowl 50 Ads: Hyundai Proved It Was The Brand To Beat
- The Click-to-Call Playbook for Facebook Ads
- Hacked Content On The Rise: Take SEO Precautions To Protect Your Site
- Report: Mobile App Installs, Engagement Highest On Weekend & Evenings
- Top 10 Most Shared Super Bowl 50 Ads: Doritos “Ultrasound” Ranks No. 1 With 890K Shares
- Are You Digging Deeply Enough Into Geographic Optimizations For SEM?
- Content Creation Swipe Files: Inspiration, Tools & Organization
- How To Build An Employee-Driven Content Strategy In 6 Simple Steps
- Facebook Reports 60 Million People Shared 200 Million Super Bowl 50 Moments
- The Top Brand-On-Brand Tweets During Super Bowl 50
- MarTech Today: LinkedIn Drops Ad Network, Hacked Content & Google Penalizes A Link Network
- Facebook’s Sports Stadium Is No Threat Yet To Twitter’s Live Event Dominance
- Hashtags In Super Bowl Ads Dropped Slightly To 45% In 2016
- #HashtagBowl Live Blog: All The Super Bowl 50 Advertising Action In Real Time
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Reassures Over #RIPTwitter Worries: Live Timeline Will Remain
- Celebrities Tweeting #RIPTwitter Against Twitter Timeline Change
- #RIPTwitter Trends Over Worries Twitter Will Drop Live Timeline
- More Beacons, Now Coordinated With In-Lobby Video Screens, Invade Movie Theaters
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Ireland staff paid much less than London colleagues, The Guardian
- Yelp Needs Some Help, Wall Street Journal
- 6 Time-Saving Link Analysis Tips As We Approach Penguin 4.0 [SEO Plugins, Tools, and Resources], hmtweb.com
- Bing analyzes the New Hampshire Democratic debate, Bing Search Blog
- Math Beyond the Madness: Bing Predicts on AreWeIn.net, Bing Search Blog
- Google Investigating Polish Hacker Who Is Stealing Webmaster Traffic, Search Engine Roundtable
- Webmasters Noticing More AppleBot Activity From Apple, Search Engine Roundtable
- WordPress Recipe Plugins Causing Rich Snippet Manual Actions, thesempost.com
- 8 Forms of Negative SEO and How to Combat It, Globe Runner
SEM / Paid Search
- Amazing Automated PPC Rules You Must Use, PPC Hero
- Here’s Why You Must Become a 10X Brand, Stone Temple