SearchCap: Google’s New Search Head, Google Ads Against Radicals & Google Expands Shopping Campaigns
Barry Schwartz on February 3, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Amit Singhal, The Head Of Google Search, To Leave The Company For Philanthropic Purposes
Feb 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
After 15 years, Google’s head of search, Amit Singhal, is leaving the company.
- Google’s Shopping Campaign Expansion To Search Partners Is Gaining Traction
Feb 3, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Traffic from product listing ads on YouTube, third-party retailers and in image search began surging in Q4, Merkle data shows.
- 4 Search Advertising Trends To Watch
Feb 3, 2016 by John Cosley
Columnist John Cosley of Bing unearths clues about the future of paid search as we head into 2016. What are you doing to prepare for or take advantage of these opportunities?
- To Fight Radicalism In The UK, Google’s Giving Away Free Search Ads
Feb 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company to extend AdWords credits to NGOs under Google AdWords Grants program.
- Live Webcast: The Click-To-Call Playbook For Facebook Ads
Feb 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Nearly 80 percent of Facebook ad revenue is mobile, and thanks to smartphones and click-to-call, Facebook and social ads will drive more than 12 billion calls to US businesses this year. How can you leverage the exploding mobile opportunity in Facebook advertising to drive more calls and sales? Thursday, February 25, join Rachel Malone-Olson of […]
- Client-Based Or Task-Based? Structuring Your Link Team
Feb 2, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Wondering which link team structure will work best for you? Julie Joyce gives us the major pros and cons of the two methods that have worked for her.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Instagram Now Offers 60 Second Video Ads
- What’s Next, As Google’s Head Of Search Leaves & Its Machine Learning Chief Takes Over?
- Budweiser Super Bowl Campaign Takes New Direction With PSA Combating Drunk Driving
- How Mobile Is Reinvigorating Out-Of-Home Advertising
- Live 360-Degree Video Would Attract Attention, But Would It Help Marketers?
- A CMO’s View: Nestlé Waters CMO Aims To Connect Web, Mobile & Brick-&-Mortar
- Client-Based Or Task-Based? Structuring Your Link Building Team
- Get Your Priorities Straight: Structuring Google Shopping Campaigns
- Why Content Marketers Should Tap Into The Power Of Niche Influencers
- Video Advertising For 2016: The Data-backed Do’s And Don’ts
- EU-US Privacy Shield Announced To Replace Safe Harbor Privacy Deal
- MarTech Today: WordPress 4.4.2, Skimlinks Partners With Lotame & URX’s “Carousels”
- WSJ: Amazon Plans To Open 300–400 More Physical Bookstores
- Twitter Changes Home Pages To Give Timeline Of Top Tweets
- Choosing A Call Tracking Vendor
- Yahoo Revenues Off 15 Percent, CEO Mayer Announces Restructuring Plan
- Twitter Gets Serious With Its Million-Dollar Branded Emojis
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
- Kik’s Branded GIFs Allow Companies To Engage With Users
Search News From Around The Web:
- Thanks, Amit, Matt Cutts
Local & Maps
- Google Adds Letters To Local Pack Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Trusted Verifier Program – It was there and now its not, Local University
- Let Google Maps be your game day guide, Google LatLong
- 4 Great ways to harness the potential of Topical Trust Flow, Majestic Blog
- Google’s John Mueller: 302 Redirects Pass PageRank, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Testing Recipe-Type Thumbnails Without Markup in Search Results, thesempost.com
- Search Challenge (2/3/16): Mysteries at universities, SearchReSearch
- February 2016 Google Webmaster Report: Core Updates, Panda Core & Webmaster Guidelines Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- New Ways to Use the SEO Tools in Your Toolbox, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 10 Visual AdWords Reports You Should Be Using, PPC Hero
- UK Valentine’s Day 2016 Tips: Love is All you Need… and a Little Insight, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com