Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Santa, Google NCR & SEO Success
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Authoritative Links: Search Engine Land’s 10 Top Link Week Columns Of 2015
Dec 28, 2015 by Jessica Thompson
Though naysayers continue to predict the death of link building, it’s still going strong. Check out our most widely read link building columns from the past year.
- 3 PPC Trends And Tactics You Can’t Ignore In 2016
Dec 28, 2015 by Pauline Jakober
Columnist Pauline Jakober discusses what she believes will be big in paid search in 2016, with a look back at some of this past year’s biggest developments.
- Planning For SEO Success In 2016
Dec 28, 2015 by Marcus Miller
What strategies are you employing to help guide your digital marketing efforts? Columnist Marcus Miller shares some of his favorite methodologies for strategic planning.
- Google NCR (No Country Redirection) Feature Stop Working But Google May Bring It Back
Dec 28, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google keeps pulling away search features, but the removal of the google.com/ncr feature might be a mistake.
- Search In Pics: Google Robot Reindeer, Star Wars Gifts & Dublin Office Gift Box
Dec 25, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google Dublin Office & The Christmas Gift Box Entrance: Source: Twitter Google’s Boston Dynamics Robot Reindeer […]
- Where’s Santa Claus? Your 2015 Guide To NORAD Tracks Santa & Google’s Santa Tracker
Dec 24, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Santa Claus is coming to town! Here’s how to keep track of his approach via the web, smartphone, or even by making a voice call.
- ‘Tis The Season! For Holiday Google Doodles Of Papercraft Models & Cutouts
Dec 24, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Special logos for the holidays can also be printed and constructed into houses.
- Relcy Founder Satapathy Says He Has Built A Better Mobile Search Engine
Dec 24, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The founder of mobile search app Relcy, Rohit Satapathy, believes he has built a better mobile search engine. His focus is less on mobile web content, though that’s there, than “apps and actions.” Satapathy and his team for the past two years have been constructing what he says is a superior knowledge graph and an […]
- Locally Sourced: Search Engine Land’s Top 10 Local Search Columns Of 2015
Dec 24, 2015 by Jessica Thompson
What aspects of local SEO captured readers’ interest this year? From tactical guides to mistakes to avoid, here are the year’s most widely read local search columns.
- Dear Santa: An SEO Wish List
Dec 24, 2015 by Patrick Stox
‘Twas the day before Christmas, and here on the site, Patrick Stox reveals what SEOs want from Santa tonight!
- For Festivus, Google Once Again Provides A Festivus Pole
Dec 23, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Google isn’t doing the traditional “Airing of Grievances,” but a virtual pole shows its Festivus spirit.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Here’s The Big Payoff Walmart Gets From Its New Mobile Payment System
- Amazon: Almost 70 Percent Of Holiday Customers Shopped On Mobile
- On-Page Elements Rule: Top Design, User Experience & Conversions Columns Of 2015
- Up Close With Programmatic: The Year’s 10 Most Popular Display Columns
- The Pressure’s On: Data’s Impact On Brand Partnerships In 2016
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Programmatic Ad Buying?
- The CMO Reading List: Top Marketers Share Their Favorite Business Books In 2015
- Expand Your Search Presence With External Sites
- Can You Guess What Was The Most Shared AdWords Content In 2015?
- Getting Technical: The 10 Most Popular Marketing Technology Columns In 2015
- Digging Into Data: Our Top Analytics & Marketing Columns For 2015
- MarTech Today: Naughty/Nice, Manual Link Building & Top Search Engine Land Stories
- A Holiday Gift: 5 Sources Of Great Marketing Motivation
- Gimbal And NanoLumens Bring “Minority Report” Potential To Digital Out-Of-Home
- Marketing Tech Evolves Beyond Automation — And Toward Intuition
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google’s Festivus Pole Works All Year Round, Search Engine Roundtable
- 2015 Christmas Day Logos From The Search Industry, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google ramps up EU lobbying as antitrust charges proceed, Ars Technica
- My Complicated Relationship with No Longer Being CEO, Rand’s Blog
- Google’s John Mueller Working On Christmas, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Tracking localized Google rankings is back, link-assistant.com
- Best of the year? And the end of Paul Boyton… (for the moment)…, SearchReSearch
- Google Knowledge Graph Panel Image Labels Investor John K. Castle A Schmuck, Search Engine Roundtable
- External to Internal Search on the Web: Researching Referral Traffic, Web Search
- Topsy is Dead: Alternative Social Analytics Tools You Need, semrush.com
- Translate Community: Over one million people and 50 million contributions, Google Translate Blog
- Google Photos Uses App Install Interstitials That Should Result In A Google Ranking Decline, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Does Page Speed Impact Your SEO?, SEMrush Blog
- 12 Reasons Why Infographics Still Matter in SEO, semrush.com
- 4 Reasons You Shouldn’t Ignore Your Website’s Page Speed, jeffbullas.com
- Google Says Capital Letters In URLs Don’t Impact Rankings, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Combine SEO with Other Marketing Activities, semrush.com
- SEO: Prepare Now for 2016 Holiday, Practical E-Commerce
- What will be the most important factor in SEO in 2016?, 3Q Digital
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Testing New Style of Local Home Services Ads, thesempost.com
- It’s Time For PPC To Stop Ignoring Client Management, PPC Hero
- Three Tools to Give You a Competitive Advantage in Your PPC Campaigns, Renegade Search
- Giving Searchers a Reason to Prefer Your Brand – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Video: Google Search Analytics Updates, Knowledge Graph API & Happy Holidays Logos, Search Engine Roundtable