SearchCap: Google AMP in search, Search Analytics semantics & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AMP breaks out of news into the main Google search results
Aug 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The company says that AMP pages will not receive a rankings boost.
- New Google help document defines Search Analytics impressions, position and clicks
Aug 2, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
No more arguing about what Google means by positions in the Google Search Analytics report. Google has defined the multitude of metrics and cases in a help document.
- Link profile analysis: How to prevent penalties by being proactive
Aug 2, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Columnist Brian Harnish tackles how to analyze links from a Google Webmaster Guidelines perspective, and how to make sure that your client’s linking activities don’t cause them to lose everything they have gained.
- Link prospecting tips and tricks
Aug 2, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
Link building is an art that many, including columnist Andrew Dennis, have learned through trial and error. Today, he shares some of what he’s learned about how to identify and obtain better links.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google: AMP content coming soon to organic mobile search results
- LinkedIn cautiously brings video to its feed
- Take the guesswork out of marketing automation technology
- App Annie adds Marketing Intelligence to her lineup
- How does Google’s local algorithm work in 2016?
- Is “SEO” the right term anymore?
- Instagram Stories is latest example of Facebook Inc. copying Snapchat
- Facebook tests monetizing live video with mid-roll ads
- Adgorithms launches expanded version of “world’s first self-driven marketing/ad platform”
- 3 digital marketing trends the customer-centric CMO must prepare for now
- Apple owns the tablet market, but Amazon is the growth leader
- The crazy-effective 12-month digital marketing campaign schedule
- MarTech Today: Beacons in baseball stadiums, WooCommerce supports Square & more
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Comatose Google My Business Description Moved from Hospital to Long Term Care on Path to Burial & Replacement with Attributes, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Testing Thinner Font & Icons For Map Pack, serptests.com
- Google: Yes, PageRank Still Matters, Search Engine Roundtable
- AMPing up mobile search in Australia, Official Google Australia Blog
- Google Continues Test of Horizontal Local One Box, Mike Blumenthal
- How Real-Time Factors Influence SEO, semrush.com
- 3 Issues an SEO Audit of Your Website Could Uncover, marketing-mojo.com
- 3 Ways How Stylebop can Outperform all Competitors, linkresearchtools.com
- Google Algorithm Update Chatter Spikes: A Reversal?, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Audit an XML Sitemap to Uncover Lost Traffic & Revenue, kernmedia.com
- How To Project SEO Content Marketing Goals & Performance, komarketingassociates.com
- How to Write a Decent SEO Recommendation, Portent
- HTTPS Ranking Boost Does Not Vary Depending on the Site’s Industry, thesempost.com
- Wake Up, SEOs – the NEW New Google is Here, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Adding More Details To Product Status Tab Report, Search Engine Roundtable
- Measuring Conversions Post Converted Clicks, PPC Hero