SearchCap: Google Manual Info Box, Bing Ads History Report & Where Is Our Penguin Refresh?
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Bing Ads Refreshes The Change History Report Bing Ads has rolled out a new look for its Change History reporting. The new format groups changes made by a user at one […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Refreshes The Change History Report
Bing Ads has rolled out a new look for its Change History reporting. The new format groups changes made by a user at one time, rather than itemizing every change separately as it did previously. Also new is faster data processing and more data availability, which Bing Ads has been addressing throughout the platform. The […]
- Enterprise Local Marketing Automation Tools – New Market Intelligence Report
Our sister site Digital Marketing Depot recently released a new Market Intelligence Report, "Enterprise Local Marketing Automation Tools 2014: A Marketer’s Guide." With local targeted ad spending forecast to grow to nearly $70 billion by 2018 (BIA/Kelsey), marketers are paying close attention to their local campaigns. For national brands with brick-and-mortar stores, managing local marketing […]
- What Makes Enterprise SEO And Does Your Site Need It?
Even if you don’t have an enterprise company, the size of your website may necessitate enterprise SEO. Columnist Tom Schmitz addresses issues of importance to operators of big web sites, no matter the size of the business.
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot Chained Up, Android Statue Reorganization & Community Manager Dance
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google Community Managers Dance: Source: Google+ Google Hat: Source: Google+ GoogleBot Tied Up: Source: Google+ Google […]
- B2B Content Marketers: Are You Making These 5 Common SEO Mistakes?
Dear Content Marketers, Have I told you (lately) that I love you? Seriously! Content marketing has taken the elusive concept of “thought leadership” and transformed it into a prescriptive, clear-cut process. You equip prospects with the helpful information they need and, at the same time, deliver quality, high-value leads for your companies. But friends (we’re […]
- Nearly A Year Later, Are We Finally Going To Get A Penguin Update Refresh?
In 22 days from now, it will be the year anniversary of the release of the fifth update to Google’s Penguin algorithm, code-named Penguin 2.1. As you can imagine, waiting 11 months and 8 days can be excruciating for those who were negatively impacted by the punitive algorithm. They’ve likely by now cleaned up their […]
- With Apple’s Help, Google Search Gets Special Info Boxes For iPhone 6 & Apple Watch
Who says rivals can’t work together? If you search on Google for “iPhone 6″ or “Apple Watch,” you’ll discover new information boxes about each product that Google created with the help of Apple. Here’s how it looks for search on iPhone 6: And for the iPhone 6 Plus: And for the Apple Watch: These boxes, commonly called […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Online Mortgage Lead Generator To Pay $500K Fine For Deceptive Ads
- Agency Crowdsources ‘Selfie Speeding Signs’ To Display On Interactive Billboards
- E-Commerce Practices That Are Costing Conversions
- Amazon Displaying Segmented User Ratings
- German Court Orders Google To Do Better Customer Service
- Facebook Returns After Limited Outage
- EBay Set To Offer In-App Mobile Advertising
Search News From Around The Web:
- 6 Ways to Use Internal Links (The Next Key SEO Tactic?), Search Engine People Blog
- Google Messing With SEOs Over Authorship With rel=agent, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says The Disavow File Is Processed Continuously, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Robots.txt Update Tool, The SEM Post
- SEO and the Stock Market: How to Profit from Google Penalties, ViperChill
- Teach Google About Your Entities by Using Topical Hubs – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Sign up for Upgraded URLs in AdWords API, Google Ads Developer Blog
- PPC and SEO — Shouldn’t They Get Along?, Portent
- The Future of Search is Here: Optimizing for Semantic Search, SEMrush Blog
- Video: Google Penguin 3.0 Expected Soon, Panda Refreshed & Rel=Agent, Search Engine Roundtable