SearchCap: Bing Ads App, Google Dynamic Answer Box & Bing iOS App Update
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Barry Schwartz on September 2, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing iOS App Gets A Refresh With Updates To Bing News & New Bing Interests Feature
New version also includes at-a-glance Popular Now content on Apple Watch and easier access to Privacy Search Mode.
- Data-Driven ROI & Avoiding the Creep Factor — September 10 Webcast
How data can help strengthen customer relations without crossing the personal privacy line.
- Google Brings YouTube TrueView Campaigns Into The AdWords Fold
Video campaigns can now be managed right within the main AdWords interface alongside search, display and shopping campaigns.
- Google Search For “Fun Facts” Serves Up Random Q&As Via Dynamic Answer Box
“Fun facts” or “I’m feeling curious” search returns dynamic answer box at the top of results, along with “Ask another question” option.
- The Click is a Lie: Lessons from The Interruption Curve
At online marketing’s inception, advertisers were thrilled to be able to see click-throughs, since they’d never had such measurable media offline. Columnist Soren Ryherd urges today’s marketers to avoid getting caught up in that now-outdated metric.
- Bing Ads Android App Debuts: A Test Drive
Now available in the Google Play store, here is a look at what to expect.
- Cut AdWords Certification Time In Half With These Study Guides For Shopping & YouTube
Do you need to study for your AdWords certification exams, or will you pass without cracking a book? Columnist and former Googler Frederick Vallaeys lays out the critical things to know for the Shopping and YouTube tests.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Ranking All-Time iOS Apps: Facebook Most Downloaded, Pandora Top Grossing
- Google Could See Big Lift In TrueView Adoption: Folds Video Ad Campaigns Into Main AdWords UI
- Do Your Vendors Play Well Together? 4 Keys For Harmonizing Your Marketing Applications
- Are You Attribution-Ready?
- LinkedIn Messaging Gets Overhaul For A More Casual Chat Experience With Connections
- Twitter Ads Are Now Available Pretty Much Everywhere
- Hyper-Personalization: How To Use Data To Build Loyal Customer Relationships
- Content Marketing Platform NewsCred Announces $42M Funding Round
- Google Declares War On App Install Problem It Helped Create
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google’s Street View Trekker Makes A Return Trip To The Galapagos Islands, TechCrunch
- Walking in the footsteps of Galápagos giants: Wild tortoises in Google Maps, Google LatLong
- 10 Link Ideas for New Businesses, Alan Rothstein
- Why Backlinks Still Matter for SEO, Duct Tape Marketing
- Why Your Links Are Not Helping You To Rank High In Google [OSEO-06], Ahrefs Blog
- Bing rocks two new tools for the everyday musician, Bing Search Blog
- Cortana can now translate words, phrases, and sentences in almost 40 languages, VentureBeat
- Google Adds Quotes to Knowledge Panels for Famous Individuals, thesempost.com
- Search Challenge (9/2/15): How to search in a scanned document?, SearchReSearch
- Updated Mobile UI for Google’s Related Searches, Google Operating System
- 3 URL Tweaks to Get More out of the Google Search Console UI, RKG Blog
- A Beginner’s Guide to Google Search Console, Moz
- How To Analyse Your Competitors SEO, Koozai
SEM / Paid Search
- Final Solution For Exact Match In Shopping Ads, PPC Hero
- Google AdWords Report Editor Opens To All, Search Engine Roundtable
- Proven Strategies To Succeed In PPC, Search Engine People
- Apps Or Mobile Websites? It Depends On Your Strategy, webpresence.tv