SearchCap: Google AMP reports, Bing saving & mobile-first indexing
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Moz beefs up Moz Local with new features, distribution and automation
Nov 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
With new activity alerts, GMB sync and reputation management, the expanded Moz Local is intended to equally serve the small business, agency and direct enterprise markets.
- Thirteen things marketers want to know about expanded text ads, direct from Google
Nov 17, 2016 by Matt Lawson
AdWords released expanded text ads in late July. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson answers some FAQs about what you should consider as you expand your own ads.
- Why SEO should always complement your content marketing
Nov 17, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø explains how the synergy between content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) can produce web pages that will best serve your customers.
- Google AMP reporting in Search Console Analytics report gets more granular
Nov 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s Search Analytics report will now show you how your AMP pages are performing in the rich cards section versus the core mobile results.
- Google may pick desktop over AMP page for the mobile-first index
Nov 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s mobile-first index may index your desktop version over AMP when there is no mobile version of your website.
- Bing’s ‘My Saves’ feature lets users save video, image and shopping searches across devices
Nov 16, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The new feature lets users save an image, video or shopping search result to their “My Saves” folder which can be accessed across mobile devices and desktop.
- 10 ways to reduce SEO costs while increasing performance
Nov 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you’ve struggled to get more out of your SEO efforts or have limited resources to do work, then this white paper will provide direction and tools to reduce costs while increasing performance. Rowe Digital’s white paper outlines 10 best practices and recommendations, some obvious, and some you may not have considered. Visit Digital Marketing […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Top 10 video creators in October: UNILAD & The LAD Bible hold at #1 & #2
- When AI and analytics drive business disruption vs. hype
- Ready for Black Friday 2016? 3 critical e-commerce SEO configurations that help you avoid common issues
- Last-minute SEO for the holidays
- What brands should know about shooting with Snap’s Spectacles
- Cognitive marketing gets closer with Google’s expansion of its cloud-based machine learning
- What it means to be a critical thinker and why marketers need to embrace the concept
- From looker to booker: How TripAdvisor’s CMO helped steer a content company into an online retailer
- Marketing budgets continue to rise as marketers juggle increasing demands
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Adds Business Category To Snack Pack Map, serptests.com
- Tutorial: Link Building with Topical Trust Flow, Majestic Blog
- Google Fixes Date Bug From Embedded YouTube Videos, thesempost.com
- 19 Confirmed Google Ranking Factors, Search Engine People
- 4 Tips on Optimizing for Voice Searches, Merkle
- Google Adds Local Restaurant Lists Rich Cards Markup, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Updates Recipes Markup Guidelines To Use AMP HTML, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Is Your PPC Missing Window-Shoppers? The Case for Increasing Bids Before Thanksgiving, Metric Theory