SearchCap: Google mobile usability, AdWords bidding & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Search Console testing new mobile usability report
Jun 21, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Leaked screen shots show the new Google mobile usability testing tool gaining the same interface as the mobile-friendly testing tool.
- Big changes to device bidding in AdWords: What could they mean for your accounts?
Jun 21, 2016 by Laura Collins
Columnist Laura Collins discusses the impact of individual device bid adjustments in AdWords, an upcoming change recently announced during Google Performance Summit in San Francisco.
- Take this link and shove it
Jun 21, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Think any free link is a good one? Columnist Julie Joyce explains why this mindset is no longer beneficial.
- Five insights your paid search team should be stealing from organic
Jun 21, 2016 by Matt Lawson
Google Analytics recently added Search Console reports to help analyze incoming search traffic. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains how you can use this change to improve your paid search performance.
- Summer solstice and strawberry moon Google doodle marks first day of summer
Jun 20, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Today is the first time since 1967 that the Summer Solstice coincided with a Strawberry Moon.
- Discover the link between SEO data and influencer marketing
Jun 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Combining SEO with Influencer Marketing enables you to ensure you are identifying the right influencers, based on the keywords and content campaigns you are already optimizing for. This white paper from gShift includes: why influencer marketing should be in your mix; the link between SEO data and influencers; influencer analytics and reporting; and a getting […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Content intelligence platform Conductor adds DeepCrawl integration so customers’ sites are tested for search crawls
- 6 great takeaways from the Brands Talk Social Media #SocialPro keynote
- Salesforce Pardot opens up Engagement Studio for general release
- The most important question to ask in local SEO
- The voice search explosion and how it will change local search
- Get the most out of your marketing automation investment
- Do you need a marketing automation platform? Read this guide.
- Twitter launches Engage, a companion app to provide stats on audiences
- Twitter, Vine extend video lengths and hint at new video revenue
- Tumblr’s live video strategy is syndicating services like YouTube and YouNow
- 10 ways to increase your social media engagement like never before
- ABM platforms YesPath, Madison Logic jointly target visitors in their buying stages, across the Web
- Instagram by the numbers: 500 million members strong (and more)
- Secrets for digital commerce success in 2016
- Yahoo Introduces new mobile ad format Tiles, focused on 360 images, video
- MarTech Today: Hashtag sites, Google’s Optimize 360 & voice search explosion
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Answer: What was that word again? Effective searching with old terms., SearchReSearch
- Behind Apple’s Advanced Computer Vision for Photos app, Medium
- Google Says Don’t Vote For Donald Trump, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Sees DMCA Notices Quadruple In Two Years, TorrentFreak
- Don’t Make All Content Q&A For Google’s Featured Snippets, thesempost.com
- Google’s John Mueller Addresses More Reports Of Zombie Traffic, Search Engine Roundtable
- On Page SEO is DEAD. We studied 2M search queries to learn that., ahrefs.com
- On Technical SEO, CopyPressed
- One global domain vs. multiple TLDs for an international brand? 841percent visibility boost – case study, en.onpage.org
- Technical SEO for Progressive Web Apps (PWA), Keylime Toolbox
- Why You Should Be Using Google Search Console, Part Two, Marketing Mojo
SEM / Paid Search