SearchCap: Search Marketing Strategies, Google On New TLDs & Bing Search Traffic Issues
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on July 21, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Report: Nokia Sells HERE Maps For $2.7B To BMW, Mercedes, Audi Group
According to Bloomberg and CNBC, Nokia has found a buyer for its HERE mapping unit.
- The Cross-Border Series Part 2: Establishing A Search Marketing Strategy In Europe
In the second installment in his multipart series on capturing international visitors through paid search, Bing’s Gabriel Kwakyi shares his insights for targeting European searchers.
- Create Your Own Display Audiences With Custom Affinity Segments
Know about Custom Affinity Segments for the Google Display Network? If not, columnist Laura Collins explains why and how to utilize these in your display campaigns.
- Google Explains How It Handles The New Top Level Domains (TLDs)
Google has published the latest on how it handles TLDs — the new ones, the old ones and the geo-specific ones.
- Bing Search Traffic Declining? You’re Not Alone — It May Be An Analytics Issue.
Bing search traffic is down, but Bing referral traffic is up. What’s up with that?
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Apple Beats Expectations With $49.6B But iPhone Sales Disappoint Analysts
- Google Launches Manufacturer Center To Standardize Product Data
- Facebook Pages Get New, YouTube-Like Tools For Publishing & Managing Videos
- Survey: Apple Watch Customer Satisfaction Scores 97 Percent
- Technology And Creativity Must Play Nice Together In The Marketing Sandbox
- Tapping Into The Buyer’s Brain With Psychology-Driven Marketing
- How To Capitalize On Social’s Multi-Platform Benefits
- Number Of Mobile Retail Websites Using Responsive Design More Than Doubles Since 2014
- Google+ Photos Drops The +, Transitioning Users To Google Photos On August 1st
- Amazon Rival Jet.com Goes Live
- Beyond Search: Bing Native Ads Launch In Beta Across MSN.com
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Calls Proposed U.S. Wassenaar Rules “Not Feasible,” Threatpost
- Google Keeps Asking For Feedback On Search Console Messaging, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Prepaid Clicks, Wall Street Journal
- 11 Key Factors In Building Landing Pages for B2B Search Engine Marketing Initiatives, KoMarketing Associates
- The Inbound Marketing Economy, Moz
- Bing Adds Download Links to Knowledge Panel for Software Searches, The SEM Post
- Google reiterates how new TLDs are handled in search results, Domain Name Wire
SEM / Paid Search
- 8 Email Alerts That Will Give You Back Your Sanity, PPC Hero
- Bing Ads Testing Ads With Images in Search Results, The SEM Post
- Demystifying AdSense policies with John Brown: Understand your traffic (Part 3), AdSense Blog
- Googles Buy Button and Expandable Shopping Ads May Push Mobile PLA Performance in Line with Desktop, RKG Blog
- Checks to Undertake in Preparation for The Panda Refresh, Koozai
- Google Calls Out Webmaster For Keyword Stuffing, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Using display:none May Backfire On You, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Content Marketing Boosts SEO: A Guide for Modern Marketers, SEMrush Blog
- SEO 101: Make Your Images SEO Rockstars in 4 Steps, Search Engine Journal
- SEO For Dentists – Or Is It?, Search Commander, Inc.
- Why SEO Lowers Your Organic Conversion Rate, Digital Third Coast
- Write Page Title Tags Limited by Pixel Length with Ease, Ahrefs Blog
- Yoast SEO 2.3, Yoast