SearchCap: User Science Behind Long-Form Content, Bid Boosting On Bing & Google’s Customer Match
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- The SEO And User Science Behind Long-Form Content
Sep 28, 2015 by John E. Lincoln
Nobody wants to read long pages of content on the internet, right? Columnist John Lincoln disagrees, providing compelling evidence that this type of content not only gets read, but also ranks and converts well.
- Bid Boosting On Bing: Discover The Untapped Value
Sep 28, 2015 by John Cosley
Are you using bid modifiers in your Bing Ads campaigns? Columnist John Cosley explains what bid modifiers are and how bid boosting works.
- Final Chance: SMX East Starts Tomorrow! All Access & Expo+ Passes Still Available.
Sep 28, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Gear up for the world’s largest search marketing conference: SMX East in NYC this week! Learn cutting-edge tactics in areas including paid search, SEO and social that will drive ROI, conversions, traffic and engagement. Our comprehensive agenda consists of 50+ sessions designed to make you a proficient and successful search marketer.
- Google Announces Customer Match: Upload Email Lists For Search, Gmail, YouTube Ad Targeting
Sep 28, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Customer Match marks the first time advertisers will be able to set bids and create specific ads tailored to customer audience segments built with first-party data.
- Desktop Search: Google May Have Peaked Last Year According To comScore
Sep 25, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Late this afternoon comScore released its monthly report on US desktop search market share. Google controlled 63.8 percent of all PC search volume in August. Microsoft (Bing) had 20.6 percent and Yahoo saw 12.7 percent. Bing was up a fraction of a point at Google’s apparent expense, while Yahoo was flat.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Up A Half Million In Six Months, Facebook Says It Now Has 2.5 Million Advertisers
- Choosing The Right Call To Action: What Do We Need To Ask Of Our Subscribers?
- The Many Faces Of Programmatic Ad Fraud
- A CMO’s View: How The World Surf League Is Building Its Brand One App Download At A Time
- Google’s Universal App Campaigns Now Available To All Advertisers In AdWords
- Sports Brands Jump Aboard Twitter Native Polling Test
- Google To Let Advertisers Upload And Target Email Lists In AdWords With Customer Match
- Morgan Stanley: No, Apps Aren’t Winning. The Mobile Browser Is.
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google’s 17th Birthday, Google
- Build Links Using Content Marketing, Search Engine Journal
- Google Implies Linking Externally Doesn’t Benefit Your Rankings, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Google Local Search Phone Hack, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Maps and Aclima just committed to mapping air pollution in California, Quartz
- Scraping and Cleaning Your Data with Google Sheets: A Closer Look, Moz
- Search vs Social: Where Should You Be Spending Your Advertising Budget?, Jeff Bullas
- Through the Google lens: Search Trends Sept 18–24, Official Google Blog
- Google Translate tool has changed the way I travel, Tech Insider
- Bing predicts the most popular fall TV shows and releases new entertainment experiences, Bing Search Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- 18 Plugins to Speed up Your Google Analytics Implementation, Search Engine Journal
- Are Multi-Channel Efforts Undermining Your PPC?, PPC Hero
- PPC Strategy Through Expansion and Reviews, PPC Hero
- Yahoo Unveils New Technology Offerings at Advertising Week, Yahoo Tumblr
- How To Optimize for iOS9 Spotlight Search, Local SEO Guide
New on Search Engine Land