SEMPO Names 20 Leaders From Locations Around The World To Drive SEMPO Cities Initiative
The new leadership will be charged with creating local communities to help educate and support search marketing professionals.
Since announcing its SEMPO Cities initiative in April to replace former local SEMPO groups, the nonprofit search organization has selected its first 20 leaders from cities across the globe.
According to the announcement, the new SEMPO Cities leadership will be charged with representing the SEMPO brand in their local communities, as well as coordinating local events for SEMPO Cities Month, which is scheduled for October of this year.
“With this group, we are confident that SEMPO Cities will continue to expand and help digital marketers around the world create viable, local communities supporting search engine marketing professionals,” said SEMPO Cities vice president Krista LaRivière.
Here’s a full list of the inaugural SEMPO Cities leaders and their locations:
- Katherine Anderson, Director, Sirocco Web Design (Newcastle, Australia)
- Eric Cholette-Dufour, Partner, Planning Media (Montreal, Canada)
- Krista LaRiviere, CEO, gShift (Toronto, Canada)
- Alexandre Brabant, Search Marketing Specialist, eMarketing 101 (Vancouver, Canada)
- Michael Xu, SVP of Business Operations, Beijing Gridsum Technology Co., Ltd. (Beijing, China)
- Edwin Andres Vallejo, Comunicador Publicitario, Diseñador Grafico (Medellin, Colombia)
- Mohit Maheshwari, MD, New Media Guru India PVT LTD (Delhi, India)
- Carlos Guzman, CEO, Arion (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Sikander Jamal, General Manager, WSI Portugal (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Adrian Ang, Business Director, AdVantage SEO (Singapore)
- Nuttakorn Rattanachaisit, Managing Director, Predictive (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Patrick Blanchard, Director of Emerging Opportunities, Nebo Agency (Atlanta, GA)
- Umair Siddiq, Senior Manager, Paid Search and Testing, 360training.com, Inc. (Austin, TX)
- Peter Prestipino, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Website Magazine (Chicago, IL)
- Bob Costello, Owner, SEOwhiz.com (Denver, CO)
- Corey Morris, Digital Strategist, Voltage (Kansas City, MO)
- Alexander Dao, Director, Criteo (Los Angeles, CA)
Mike Grehan, CMO & Managing Director, Acronym (New York, NY)
- Nancy Vinkler, Internet Consultant, WSI We Simplify the Internet (Philadelphia, PA)
- Eric Sidone, Sr. Manager Digital Strategy, Ethology (Phoenix, AZ)
In addition to SEMPO Cities Month, the organization said it is also planning an in-person global event for March 2016.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.