SearchCap: Google local ranking, Bing ads analytics & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Google documents Google My Business local ranking factorsApr 1, 2016 by Barry Schwartz Google’s document on ranking in the local search results has been expanded to include factors like links, articles […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google documents Google My Business local ranking factors
Apr 1, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s document on ranking in the local search results has been expanded to include factors like links, articles and directories.
- Still hanging onto Bing Ads Campaign Analytics? Time to switch to UET
Apr 1, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Only UET will be supported for conversion tracking by the end of June.
- Report: search drives 10X more traffic to shopping sites than social media
Apr 1, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Search is the single largest traffic driver to websites, according to SimilarWeb’s Global Search Marketing Report 2016. The findings are based on billions of site visits to a global sample of websites and reflect both mobile and desktop traffic. The report is focused on a variety of metrics surrounding paid search. It also shows the […]
- How to enhance your Google Knowledge Graph result (case study)
Apr 1, 2016 by Tony Edward
So your company finally has a Knowledge Graph panel appearing on branded searches, but the information is incomplete or incorrect — what can you do? Tony Edward explains a few ways to edit this information and shows how one method worked for him.
- The rise of personal assistants and the death of the search box
Apr 1, 2016 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge recaps the SMX West 2016 keynote by Googler Behshad Behzadi, who envisions a not-too-distant future in which voice search becomes more ubiquitous — and may even replace the search box.
- Search in Pics: Google firing squad, butterfly & Twitter jamming at Google
Apr 1, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google Butterfly: Source: Google+ Google’s firing squad: Source: Google+ Google Cate 5 logo: Source: Google+ Twitter […]
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- First-page minimum bids continue to rise in wake of Google desktop SERP changes
- April Fools’ Day 2016: Gmail mic drop prank goes sour, Bing’s dancing puffins & more
- From waste to win: watch how a simple change affects AdWords performance
- The ideal Facebook advertising structure: single objective
- Retooling mail optimization: how real-time actions put direct mail back into fashion
- MarTech Today: AdTheorent’s predictions of retailer visits, “Hacking Marketing” review & tools for web optimization
- Martech: What happens when you’ve been over-served?
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Video Deep Dive: Views of the Future of Google Search – Full Immersion, Local University
- Featured snippet research methodology & open-source data, getstat.com
- Google Says Quality Raters Primarily Use Mobile Devices, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Tag Manager: What Businesses Need To Know, Vabulous
- How Google May Analyze and Evaluate the Quality, Value, & Rank-Worthiness of Your Content – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- How to avoid common mistakes when publishing Accelerated Mobile Pages — Google Developers, Medium
- Subdomains vs. Subdirectories, Shimon Sandler
- What supermarkets can teach us about SEO, Vertical Leap
SEM / Paid Search
- Bug Report: Google AdWords Image Ads Bug With Embedded SVG Images, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Update, AMP Support, Auto Ads & Yahoo Sale, Search Engine Roundtable
New on Search Engine Land