Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing Ads, NCAA On Bing & Google Image Filters
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Partners With NCAA To Deliver March Madness Predictions & Tournament App
Mar 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
For the second year in a row, Bing and the NCAA are teaming up to help fans fill out their NCAA brackets and follow all 67 games during this year’s tournament.
- Bing Native Ads Rollout Gains Steam: Support Coming To Bing Ads Editor
Mar 3, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Bing native ads extend the reach of search ads to MSN.com
- How To Grow Online Market Share Without Increasing Your PPC Budget
Mar 3, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
What’s the formula for PPC success? Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard has tips on how to significantly expand your market share without wasting your ad spend.
- Google Image Search Tests Colored Filter Buttons
Mar 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google Image Search adds a splash of colors by testing new filter buttons.
- Upcoming Webcast: Call Tracking and Analytics 101
Mar 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
US consumers will make more than 100 billion mobile calls to businesses this year. Nearly two out of three consumers say it’s very — or extremely — important to be able to call a business during their purchase journey. Call tracking and analytics have become a marketing technology “must-have” as a result. Join Mike Boland, […]
- How New & Existing Customers Interact With Your Paid Search Ads Differently
Mar 3, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Columnist Andy Taylor shares data from Merkle|RKG that illustrates how users behave when clicking on ads and how they evaluate ad choices on a SERP.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google’s Take On The Recent Changes To The Results Page
- Amazon Expands Echo Family With Mini Version & Mobile Speaker
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Mayur Gupta
- The Local SEO Playbook To Increased Visibility And Customer Acquisition
- Apple Offers Tech Support On Twitter With New @AppleSupport Account
- Responsive Design Mobile Marketing Emails Generate 24% More Clicks [Report]
- The Engagement Crisis In Content Marketing And Social Media: Why It’s Happening And How To Fix It
- NewsCred Opens A New Website For Learning About Content Marketing
- Who Should Be Responsible For Stopping Programmatic Ad Fraud?
- MarTech Today: AdRoll’s SendRoll, Visualizing MarTech Stacks & Google Action On Spam Reports
Search News From Around The Web:
- 10 PPC Hacks Tips and Tricks to Optimize Your Time #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Behind The Scenes With Bing #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Dark Search, Dark Social & Everything In Between #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Fierce and Flawless: PPC Tips that Would Do Beyonce Proud #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Maximizing ROI for Twitter Ads #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Understanding Your Customer’s Journey Using Keyword Research #SMX, BruceClay.com
- What We Know About Google’s Machine-Learning System RankBrain, BruceClay.com
- Analytics Reports & Proving the ROI of SEO #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Google Analytics Power-Reporting for SEO & SEM #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Google’s Gary Illyes on Emerging Search Trends, Stone Temple
Local & Maps
- Google Maps Adds Quick Way To Confirm Unverifed Locations In Bulk, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Last Great Race in Street View, Google LatLong
- How to Create the Perfect Internal Linking Structure for SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- The silver bullet for killer digital PR (and link acquisition), Branded3
- Microsoft Relaunches Academic Search With The Power Of Bing, MSPoweruser
- Google Elections Panel Shows Issues By Candidate, Search Engine Roundtable
- Moz: Featured Snippets Jump In Google By 17%, Search Engine Roundtable
- AMP Pages Do Use Site’s Crawl Budget, thesempost.com
- How to Localize Your Global Brand, SEMrush Blog
- How to optimize your news site, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search