SearchCap: Google Map Maker, Bing Ads Shopping & Search Console Notices
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SEMPO Names 20 Leaders From Locations Around The World To Drive SEMPO Cities Initiative
The new leadership will be charged with creating local communities to help educate and support search marketing professionals.
- Bing Ads Shopping Campaigns Roll Out Of Beta In US
The new campaign type will soon become the default for managing Bing product ads.
- Mobile Searches Now The Lion’s Share: 5 Tips Not To Miss The Boat
The year of mobile has arrived — and with it, the need to put as much into your mobile paid search campaigns as your desktop ones. Columnist Benjamin Vigneron shares his tips for evaluating and improving your mobile efforts for better paid search performance.
- Google Search Console To Notify Less People For Typical Webmaster Notifications
Google will only notify the site owners, not property owners, for most Google Search Console notifications starting in a few weeks.
- Pluto Google Logo Anticipates New Horizons’ Journey To Far Edge Of Our Solar System
After nine years and three-billion miles, the New Horizons space probe will complete its close flyby of Pluto Tuesday at 7:49 a.m. EDT.
- Google About To Reopen Map Maker, Largely Outsourcing Moderation
After the recent rash of map vandalism and other map mischief that caused Google to shut down Map Maker, the company is getting ready to reopen it. Simultaneously Google is instituting a new moderation procedure that will rely more heavily on community moderation than on in-house Google personnel. Google observed in support of the new […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Witty CSX Web Series ‘The Intermodals’ Explains Intermodal Transportation
- AdWords Estimated Total Conversions Now Counts Activity Across Apps And Web
- Google Tightens Its Belt As Company Growth Slows
- 6 Huge Marketing Pivots You Might Have To Make In The Next 12 Months
- Gigya Survey: 88% Of U.S. Consumers Say They Have Used Social Logins
- Unruly Extends A View To 30 Seconds With New Video Ad Pricing Model
- 5 Secrets To Getting Subscribers To Forward Your Emails
- Crimson Hexagon Now Offers Access To Tumblr Firehose
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google doodles aren’t just naff – they’re trying to rebrand the past, The Guardian
- Yahoo’s Smart Stream Wants to Predict Mobile Searches, Ad Age
Local & Maps
- Bing Maps now on Azure, Bing Maps Blog
- Google Maps alters disputed South China Sea shoal name, BBC News
- Majestic Client for Twitter Android App, Majestic
- Answer: Data for the Greek referendum?, SearchReSearch
- Bing Adds Book Purchasing Options to Knowledge Panel in Search Results, The SEM Post
- Google Adding Lottery Numbers Featured Snippets, The SEM Post
- Yahoo’s Smart Stream Wants to Predict Mobile Searches, adage.com
- A Vision for Brand Engagement Online, or "The Goal", Moz
- SEO Analysis of Odesk and Upwork Rebranding, Ignite Visibility
- SEO Analysis of Odesk and Upwork Rebranding, ignitevisibility.com
- The Next Google Panda Refresh May Not Pick Up On Your Site Changes Today, Search Engine Roundtable
- Troubleshooting Data Fluctuations in SEO Reporting, RKG Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Express Android App Updated, Search Engine Roundtable
- Handling PPC Client Agreement Renewals, PPC Hero
- Introducing local Google forwarding numbers in the UK Local forwarding numbers…, Google
- New to AdWords – the Display Network Summary Section, Philly Marketing Labs
- Removal of MatchType.BROAD_SESSION in AdWords API reports, Google Ads Developer Blog
- 5 Key Factors for Successful Content, koozai.com
- Find Your Competitor’s Partnerships, SEMrush Blog
- How consistent branding increases click through rate, Yoast