Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google menu list, Bing popular content & paid mistakes
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google adds menu tab to restaurants’ local panel
Jul 10, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google is now adding more tab options to the local panel. Not only do we see an overview and reviews tab, but now a menu tab and others.
- Bing adds ‘Popular Content’ search results snippet section
Jul 10, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Bing has a new carousel snippet feature that shows you the most popular content on the site. Is it too much?
- 5 common mistakes made by B2B paid search novices
Jul 10, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
Looking to incorporate paid search into your B2B marketing mix? Columnist Pauline Jakober provides some advice for starting off on the right foot.
- 4 tips for becoming a content-producing machine and generating more organic traffic
Jul 10, 2017 by Jeremy Knauff
Producing great content is challenging enough, but creating lots of great content on a regular schedule can be overwhelming for many marketers. Contributor Jeremy Knauff lays out a system you can employ to achieve your content creation goals.
- Eva Ekeblad Google doodle celebrates scientist who made flour & alcohol from potatoes
Jul 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Born on this date in 1724, Ekeblad was the first woman elected to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How much does SEO cost?
- Prime Day brings a price battle between Amazon Echo and Google Home
- Overcoming the summertime sales drought: Have you watered your leads?
- In the debate over net neutrality, make some noise
- The state of mobile ad blocking: what the internet giants are doing to prevent (or enable) it
Search News From Around The Web:
- 9 Trusted SEO Blogs, Practical Ecommerce
Local & Maps
- Posts With Google – A Big Play For Branded Search Marketing, Ignite Visibility
- Waze now lets iOS users record their own custom voice navigation prompts, TechCrunch
- 5 SEO Experts Share Their Link Earning Strategies For 2017, Search Engine People
- Everybody lies: how Google search reveals our darkest secrets, The Guardian
- Google Home Breaks Up Domestic Dispute By Calling the Police, Gizmodo
- Answer: An important plant that’s now extinct?, SearchReSearch
- Google Uses ccTLD & Google Search Console Setting For Geotargeting, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Furious Weekend, accuranker.com
- Realigning Your SEO Strategy When Business Needs Change, Moz
- SEO Knowledge Interview Questions: Define Duplicate Content, polepositionmarketing.com
- What are breadcrumbs and why are they important for SEO?, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- How to Tweak Your PPC Strategy During the Holiday Season, quicksprout.com
- How to Do Keyword Research with SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool, SEM Rush
- Why You Might Be Cannibalizing Your Own Keywords – Here’s Why #125, Stone Temple