Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Expands Hotel Ads Program, Local Search Top Channel For Businesses & More
Amy Gesenhues on September 22, 2015 at 4:08 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Expands Commission-Based Hotel Ads Program
Sep 22, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Book on Google ads now available on desktop in the US.
- Local Search Voted Most Powerful Channel For Local Businesses
Sep 22, 2015 by Myles Anderson
Columnist Myles Anderson shares key insights from BrightLocal’s 2015 “Local Clicks & Calls” survey, which asks local business owners and local search marketers about which digital marketing channels are the most effective.
- Google Loses Appeal By AdWords Advertisers In Suit Over Ads On Error Pages
Sep 22, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Ruling overturns lower court denial of class-action status for advertisers, paving the way for plaintiffs to be able to sue as a group. Higher court also sides with advertisers on methods for calculating restitution.
- Google Switched To Local 3-Packs: Is There Cause For Alarm?
Sep 22, 2015 by Andrew Shotland
Should local search marketers be worried about Google’s new local display format in SERPs? Columnist Andrew Shotland takes a look at the impact from multiple angles.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- ABC Gives #TGIT Fans Emoji Triggers For Video Trailers On Twitter
- Ad Blocker Usage Highest Among Key Advertiser Demos: Millennials And High Earners
- Top 10 Video Creators In August: BuzzFeed Surpasses 1.8B Combined Video Views
- Federal Trade Commission To Serve As Opening Keynote For Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
- Pinterest Says Pinners Are Already Planning For The Holidays
- It’s Alive: The Power Of First-Party Intent Signals
- Marketing Men & Machines: Balancing Technology And Human Capital
- Ad Blocking: The IAB Wants To Sue, But It Probably Can’t Win
- 7 Habits Of Highly Strategic Marketers
- Let Us Now Praise Famous Marketers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Did Google Change How PageRank Flows With Nofollow Links?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Getting Brand Links to Ecommerce Sites (and the Best Way to Do It), State of Digital
Local & Maps
- Google Adds Claim this Business Button in Knowledge Panel, Imprezzio Marketing
- Google Hotel Finder Home Page Shuts Down, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Baby Product Advertising in Paid Search Jumps 33%, AdGooroo
- Back to School! The Top 10 Colleges for Creating Paid Search Talent, Wordstream
- Google Analytics Day View Defaults To Hourly Graph, Search Engine Roundtable
- Maximize Your Google Analytics with These Helpful Add-Ons, Kiss Metrics
- The 7 Deadly Sins of PPC: Sloth, Wordstream
- Top 5 ways to amplify the impact of TV dollars with digital, Google Analytics Blog
- Google Search Ranking Fluctuation This Past Week?, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Create Actionable KPI Dashboard for Your SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Mobile Content vs Desktop Content: What’s the Dif?, The SEM Post
- SEO is not dead, it’s just no longer fashionable which is a good thing, Cornwall SEO
- SEO, App Indexing, and Deep Links: Cutting Through the Confusion, 3qDigital
- Statistical Forecasting for SEO & Analytics, Distilled