SearchCap: Google Local Algorithm Change, Sally Ride Doodle & Link Building
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Why You Should Be Using Google Analytics Smart Lists For Remarketing
Are you using Smart Lists in your remarketing efforts? Columnist Rebekah Schelfhout believes you should consider doing so if you’re not already.
- Why I Never Mine Competitors’ Backlinks
Columnist Julie Joyce explains why copying your competitors’ link profile might do more harm than good.
- Using Partnerships To Accelerate Content Marketing & Link Building
So you’ve built great content, but how can you take it to the next level to boost your visibility and attract more links? Columnist Eric Enge recommends partnerships.
- Google Local Search Results Shifting After Google Maps Bomb Fix?
Google seems to have made an update to their local search ranking factors, where many local SEO experts and reporters are noticing major shifts in the local results.
- Sally Ride Gets 5 Google Logos On What Would Have Been The Historic Astronaut’s 64th Birthday
After becoming the first U.S. woman in space, Ride went on to be a writer, educator and founding member of the Sally Ride Science program.
- The Evolving Role of the Marketing Technologist: Best Practices for Blending Marketing Art and Science- June 9 Webcast
The pressure is on today’s digital marketers, as responsibility for investing in the right software to more effectively manage customer data shifts to the marketing organization. It’s not enough anymore to be creative; you need to combine the art of marketing with the science of technology to automate marketing campaigns and achieve business goals. But […]
- Search: The Best Way To Win An SMB’s Heart
Columnist Wesley Young notes that, according to recent survey by the Local Search Association, search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the greatest areas of concern for small and medium-sized businesses.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- E-Commerce Platform Granify Lands $7 Million Series A Funding
- EBay’s New Promoted Listings Ads: Sellers Pay Only When Users Buy
- How To Use Partnerships To Accelerate Your Content Marketing Initiatives
- 5 Trends That Signal The Extinction Of Organic Search Results
- What Every CMO Should Know About Marketing Automation
- Cortana For Android, iOS Coming Very Soon, Windows 10 To Sync With iPhones, Android
- Rise Above The Noise With Advanced Social Media Sharing Tactics
- To Combat Childhood Obesity, Mobile Music Site Plays New Artists Only When Device Senses Movement
- Navigating The Modern Ad Serving Stack, Part 3: Private Marketplaces (Deal ID)
Search News From Around The Web:
- AOL’s MapQuest Inks UI Deal With Mapbox As It Prepares To Overhaul The Product, TechCrunch
- Apple hiring spree looks to improve iTunes search, discovery, video & more, appleinsider.com
- WebmasterWorld: Announcing New Improved Responsive Design, internetmarketingninjas.com
Local & Maps
- Philips turns LEDs into an indoor GPS for supermarkets, engadget.com
- Answer: A conversation about learning rapidly…, SearchReSearch
- Through the Google lens: Search trends May 15-21, Official Google Blog
- YouTube Displays Sitelinks for Similar Videos, The SEM Post
- All About the Google Panda Algorithm, SEMrush Blog
- 5 Mobile Landing Page Opportunities You May Have Overlooked, SEMrush Blog
- Google Has A "Penalty Server" Where Google Reps Can Check For Penalties?, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use Server Log Analysis for Technical SEO, Moz
- Searching for keywords using Majestic, Majestic Blog
- The Big List of Google Penalties for SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- Why SEO Should Always be Work in Progress, www.martechadvisor.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Quick, Affordable A/B Testing With PPC, Search Engine People
- One Excel Trick To Nail Your Budget Projections, PPC Hero
- SEMrush and AdStage: Expand Your Keyword Targeting, SEMrush Blog
- Stop Using The Same Headline, PPC Hero
- What Do These Google AdWords Features Really Do?, The SEM Post