Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: AdWords Ad Waste, Apple Search Ads & Tax Season
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Marriage Equality, Healthcare & Low Unemployment: How Search Marketers Can Make A Difference This Tax Season
Jan 7, 2016 by Purna Virji
Tax marketers, pay attention! Columnist Purna Virji discusses some developments that may impact your search campaigns this year.
- How Apple Could Play Spoiler For The Search Ad Business
Jan 7, 2016 by Mark Ballard
Could Apple disrupt business as usual for search marketers in 2016? Columnist Mark Ballard explores the possibilities.
- Cut The Fat: How To Reduce Wasted Ad Spend In Your AdWords Account
Jan 7, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Is your PPC unprofitable, despite bringing in lots of leads? Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explains his method for identifying and eliminating low-performing search terms.
- Last Call: MarTech Rates Increase Saturday
Jan 7, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Was attending the only MarTech this year a New Year’s resolution? This is your last chance to save with our lowest “alpha” rates. Register by January 9 and save $500! Below are just a few of the brands presenting this year. Check out the agenda for all of the details.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Here’s Why Oracle’s Acquisition of Content Sharing/Visitor Tracker AddThis Adds Up
- As Facebook Audience Network Becomes $1 Billion Biz, LiveRail Refocuses On Private Marketplaces
- Business Insider: Yahoo To Lay Off More Than 1,000 Employees
- Forget Your Testimonials Page, 2016 Is The Year Of Reviews
- 10 Ways To Simplify Your Local Marketing Strategy In 2016
- Definitive Guide To Duplicate Research For Local SEO
- Surviving Google’s New Policy Against Interstitial Ads
- 4 B2B Marketing Predictions For 2016
- A Look Back At Conversion And Analytics In 2015
- MarTech Today: Facebook Chat Bot & Google’s Crawl Error Report
- WordPress Releases 4.4.1, Strongly Recommends Users Update Immediately
- Instagram Ups Its Curation Game, Makes Spotlight Videos Permanent
- Multi-Channel E-Commerce Platform Webgility Adds Full-Funnel Intelligence Tool
- #CES Live Blog: Facebook & Target On Mobile & Digital Marketing
Search News From Around The Web:
- DuckDuckHack Interview: Salil Kapur, DuckDuckGo Blog
- What Is "Natural Link Building", Search Engine People
- New privacy-focused search engine promises to never sell or store your data, The Next Web
- Bing Predicts Golden Globe Winners, Bing Search Blog
- 10 B2B SEO Copywriting Tips for 2016, SuccessWorks
- Broken HTTPS Implementation Still Gets Google’s Ranking Boost, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says When Merging Multiple Sites Into One, Do Not Worry About Duplicate Content…, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Choosing a Fast and Reliable Webhost Matters, thesempost.com
- Yoast Vlog: Google Hummingbird explained, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Remarketing – Quick Setup Guide, Metric Theory
- Google reported to have given Scientology over $6m in free advertising, www.thedrum.com
- New Ad Extensions – Check Out Bing’s Latest, PPC Hero
- We Got Google Features Snippets – How Do I Feel About It?, Search Engine Roundtable