Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Top Search Marketing Columns of 2013
This past year saw many exciting changes in the world of search. From the birth of Enhanced Campaigns and Hummingbird to the death of the Keyword Tool and keyword referral data, search marketers of all stripes have had to make quite a few adjustments to their daily routines and long-term strategies.
While the editorial staff here at Search Engine Land has provided breaking news coverage for these events and more, our hard-working team of over 100 guest columnists brought their expertise to the table as well, helping fellow marketers make sense of the ever-changing search landscape with insightful observations, thoughtful opinions and practical advice.
With the year end upon us, we’d like to take the time to call out our top 10 most read and shared columns of 2013.
Search Engine Land’s Top 10 Columns Of 2013
- How to Use The Keyword Planner — The New Keyword Tool From Google AdWords – May 8, 2013 by Larry Kim, B2B Search Marketing, 1,213 tweets, 485 likes, 624 +1s, 1,439 Linkedin Shares
- Eating My (Key)Words: Changing The Way We Think About SEO – October 14, 2013 by Jenny Halasz, All Things SEO, 893 tweets, 330 likes, 485 +1s, 449 Linkedin Shares
- A Foolproof Approach To Writing Complex Excel Formulas – February 1, 2013 by Annie Cushing, Search & Analytics, 476 tweets, 34 likes, 132 +1s, 96 Linkedin Shares
- Why My Optimized Landing Pages Trump Your SEO Or PPC Landing Pages Every Time! – August 5, 2013 by Stoney deGeyter, Paid Search, 750 tweets, 363 likes, 311 +1s, 775 Linkedin Shares
- How Will Hummingbird Impact Links? Here Are 6 Ways – October 8, 2013 by Eric Ward, All Things SEO, 1,111 tweets, 304 likes, 500 +1s, 262 Linkedin Shares
- Advanced Filters: Excel’s Amazing Alternative To Regex – January 4, 2013 by Annie Cushing, Search & Analytics, 573 tweets, 50 likes, 82 +1s, 59 Linkedin Shares
- 8 E-Commerce SEO Tips Gathered From A Decade Of Consulting – published June 6, 2013 by Trond Lyngbø, All Things SEO, 811 tweets, 382 likes, 395 +1s, 857 Linkedin Shares
- Quality Score Explained By A Former Googler – published July 12, 2013 by Frederick Vallaeys, Paid Search, 832 tweets, 277 likes, 319 +1s, 1,168 Linkedin Shares
- 10 Things SEOs & SMBs Should Know About New Google Places Dashboard – April 8, 2013 by Myles Anderson, Local Search, 947 tweets, 246 likes, 427 +1s, 579 Linkedin Shares
- When Responsive Web Design Is Bad For SEO – March 4, 2013 by Bryson Meunier, Mobile Search, 1,223 tweets, 256 likes, 288 +1s, 248 Linkedin Shares
We appreciate the time and effort all of our talented columnists have put into their contributions this year, and we look forward to working with these experienced industry voices again in 2014!