Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Infographic: The Death Of SEO, Failed Predictions Over The Years
SEO has been declared “dead” almost from when it first began, as our post from a few years ago, Is SEO Dead? 1997 Prediction, Meet 2009 Reality, covers. Now, a new infographic is out looking at how SEO has been “dying” over the years.
The infographic is from SEO Book and is interesting in that rather than taking a timeline approach, it instead shows examples of various types of people who’ve declared that SEO is dead and why they are, as the infographic puts it, “deluded.”
The infographic is below; click to enlarge it:
If you want the infographic for yourself, you’ll find it here: Infographic – Is SEO Dead?
For our own reasons why SEO will never die, well, see our SEO Is Here To Stay, It Will Never Die post from 2010, which says in part:
SEO is about understanding how these search engines get their information and what should be done to gain free traffic from them. SEOs — and search marketers in general — understand the process of search, and they tap into that process to attract visitors.
People have had search needs since as long as they’ve been thinking. Search engines are merely a new, efficient way of answering those needs. The demand for answers isn’t going away; search engines aren’t going away, nor will how search engines provide answers. That means SEO as a way to help ensure you’re one of the answer has a strong future.
- Is SEO Dead? 1997 Prediction, Meet 2009 Reality
- SEO Is Here To Stay, It Will Never Die
- SEO Remains A Viable Marketing Strategy For Anyone
- Search Industry Well Represented On Annual List Of Fastest-Growing US Companies; SEO Cited As A Top ROI Tactic
- Google Says SEO Is Not Spam
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
- Periodic Table Of SEO Ranking Factors
- Mayor Bloomberg Declares “Search Week” In New York City
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.