Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: SEO Implementation, Google Interstitial Ads & Query Mapping
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How To Ensure Your SEO Recommendations Get Implemented
Jan 8, 2016 by Winston Burton
Uncooperative clients and vendors got you down? Columnist Winston Burton gives his advice on how to overcome organizational hurdles to SEO success.
- Surviving Google’s New Policy Against Interstitial Ads
Jan 8, 2016 by Lei Sun
Contributor Lei Sun takes a look at how some of the best companies comply with Google’s new rule against app install interstitials — and still drive users to download apps.
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot & BB-8, Google Onesie & Tesla Model X
Jan 8, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. GoogleBot & BB-8: Source: Google+ Google Onesie For Campus Tel Aviv: Source: Instagram Rainbow Over Google […]
- Is Your Account Leaking Money? The Importance Of Query Mapping
Jan 8, 2016 by Amy Bishop
It’s time to dig below the surface of your PPC account to see if relevant search terms are wasting money. Columnist Amy Bishop shows what to look for and how to use the data to your benefit!
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX Advanced 2016
Jan 7, 2016 by Chris Sherman
We want your input to help us plan our upcoming SMX Advanced 2016 conference, which will be taking place in Seattle June 22–23, 2016. Specifically, we’d love to hear from you if you have an great idea for a session that you think should be on the agenda. And if you’re interested in speaking at […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Data Show Dramatic Shifts In Mobile Operating System Share Over Time
- Enhance Search Engagement With A Complementary Paid & Organic Visibility Strategy
- Six Trends Shaping Location Marketing In 2016
- 9 Examples Of Link-Worthy Resources For E-Commerce Sites
- IoT Data Helps A CRM Live Up To Its Name
- Is Content Marketing A Strategy, A Tactic Or A Channel?
- Making The Most Of Google Analytics Audiences Within Your Search Campaigns
- MarTech Today: Reworked Jelly, Why AddThis Adds Up & Webgility’s BI Tool
- Study: Ads Effective As Way To Stimulate Dormant App Usage, Prevent Deletion
- Taco Bell To Reveal Its Next Big Menu Item At Super Bowl 50… We Think
Search News From Around The Web:
- Facebook, Microsoft, and Google say UK spying laws are ‘a step in the wrong direction’, The Verge
- Google’s Gary Illyes Is An Amateur SEO According To A Recent Test, Search Engine Roundtable
- Need links but don’t know how to get them?, Majestic Blog
- Google Testing Teal Colored Stars in AdWords, Local & Reviews, thesempost.com
- 8 SEO Experts Reveal Fascinating Predictions for 2016, mysiteauditor.com
- Bing Webmaster Tools Warns of Microsoft Edge Compatibility Issues, thesempost.com
- Google Penguin Won’t Have Slow Roll Out, Will Be Real Time, thesempost.com
- Google: Featured Snippets Don’t Result In Less Traffic To Your Web Site, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEOs Are Seeing Google Ranking Fluctuations On & Off, Search Engine Roundtable
- Using Your Niche’s Demand Distribution Curve to Improve Your SEO, Social, and Content Strategy – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Will Google Release Penguin 4.0 In January 2016?, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Video: Google Penguin Status, Ranking Tests, SEO Extortionist Jailed & AOL Search Powered By Bing, Search Engine Roundtable